Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Jenna Fischer was looking alright in Hall Pass though tbf.

But what a fukking worthless movie that is, only redeeming factor is seeing that Aussie broad's t*ts. Not many in Hollywood have fallen off like the Farrelley brothers

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
dude sitting across from her in the office glancing at her every five seconds like he's in junior high school.

The sad part is Jim picked up hotter girls on the show, Pam wasn't worth it, she was tripping when dude went to Philly to get his Ari Gold on.
word definitely. him + rashida are on the same level, pam aged like a typical white woman and didnt want him to follow his dreams after she fukked up, what a hater

WTF happened to Bradley Wright-Phillips ?:why:

At first I didn't want some (what I thought was) lower league reject but it seems he's a solid Championship-level player, and our attack is pretty shyt right now, so it doesn't hurt :yeshrug:

on that tip, looking forward to our inevitable 5-0 victory OR 0-1 loss on Saturday

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
WTF happened to Bradley Wright-Phillips ?:why:

same thing that happened to Vladimir Weiss....

in about 10 years City gonna produce some kids we shall refer to as Pelligrini's fledglings... and they will run shyt.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yo @BLAZO da GAWD

You still read Elite Daily bra?

I hate that website, in the same vein as Buzzfeed, Gawker, Thought Catalog, The Coli etc. etc. (which are just weird and terrible websites in general, but that's for another day, another post) But I distinctly remember when I was clicking around it and thinking that the writers had to be fake or it couldn't be real. Turns out I was right :ohhh:

Apparently it's a massive troll campaign, Jacob the Jeweler's son and his college buddies writing wum pieces under several different pseudonyms :pachaha:

Inside Elite Daily

Writer Ashton Tyler has also done a good job of cornering the Which Celebrities Are Wearing These Very Specific Shiny Things beat: some recent Jacob & Co. product sightings include Rachel Roy, Justin Bieber, and Salma Hayek.

Ashton Tyler's bio says that he is "one of the most prominent journalists in the world of entertainment": "From doing cocaine with Lindsey Lohan in her heydey to giving Justin Bieber his first joint," his bio reads, "it is safe to say Ashton has done it all and seen it all."

Hiring a journalist with that kind of access is a pretty major coup for a young site like Elite Daily. I wanted to read more of Tyler’s work. Top Google results for "Ashton Tyler" include a PDF of court documents from an Oklahoma court case in which an Ashton Tyler was found guilty of sexual assault. There is also a model named Ashton Tyler. Another result is an Ashton Tyler Elite Daily story aggregated from BBC Radio 1 about that time Mila Kunis was sarcastic with an interviewer. That's about it.

The author photo he uses seems to have first appeared on a street style blog, shot at fashion week in Australia this April. Is Ashton Tyler really a prominent entertainment journalist? A better question: Is Ashton Tyler a real person? Actually: Exactly how many of Elite Daily's writers are not real people?

The site is the flagship of ill-making consumerism, the rap video-inflected fever-dream of the suburban upper middle-class who can catch a glimpse of the actually famous but can only dance on the tables near them. It creates a world wherein the only measure of value is money. But this conception of having money refers only to spending it, to purchase obscenely expensive cars and acquire ludicrously beautiful women (“bytches”). It is part of the wider cultural death-rattle of a segment of society that believes America is a meritocracy and that access to fabulous wealth might be a question of working harder and wanting it more but also mostly comes to those who deserve it. These are infantilized, stunted people who expect to receive the natural riches that rain down because society recognizes their specialness, their inspiration, their vision. It is a world of spectacularly limited and decadent imagination, an imagination whose scope is defined by music videos, movies, and, most of all, commercials. This is a world in which most of its denizens were given some access, who did go to college, but for whom college was a place to party, with their degrees just a necessary check-mark on the path towards some high-up office with all-window walls in which they would do… something. It is a world of willful intellectual poverty. It is a world of child-people who think think they are elite, or that they will be elite, but mostly don't actually comprehend that there is a gaping chasm between them and the truly elite, that there is a another world of the real elite for whom power comes first, with money being the happily created byproduct.

Nail hit on the head :obama:

Last edited:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Yo @BLAZO da GAWD

You still read Elite Daily bra?

I hate that website, in the same vein as Buzzfeed, Gawker, Thought Catalog, The Coli etc. etc. (which are just weird and terrible websites in general, but that's for another day, another post) But I distinctly remember when I was clicking around it and thinking that the writers had to be fake or it couldn't be real. Turns out I was right :ohhh:

Apparently it's a massive troll campaign, Jacob the Jeweler's son and his college buddies writing wum pieces under several different pseudonyms :pachaha:

Inside Elite Daily

Nail hit on the head :obama:

I remember that thread :laugh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Think I might spend the summer writing and sending fake resumes & sarcastic writing samples mocking websites that I despise.

First two on the list, Thought Catalog and Elite Daily :myman:

That'll show em :pacspit:

yooo... :ohhh:

just saw this posted in tlr :dead:
1764677694cfe8c9d114a96c75ce53bfd50b9ba0.gif

I missed this the first time, what is this? :dahell:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:dead: @ that Elite Daily, never heard of it

sounds better than Thought Catalog, subpar myspace-era blog posts given some legitimacy