Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Take your finger off the sprint button when you're receiving a pass and that shouldn't happen that much
Yeah I know that but still I can't have a proper control. When I used to tiki taka my way to the goal, there was no real problems but now that I changed my tactics and try to have a more direct style of playing, it's awful. I'm more into long passes now and because the ball is too fast, the control is bad once every thrice.
To prevent that I have to hit L1 which stops the player but by doing so I can't reach my goal of minimum touches to fit my vertical style. And I don't even count the number of times where I had a counter-attack opportunity with a through ball ruined because the first touch was completely bogus.

The matadoring with the flags is annoying, nearly took Porte and Riblon out on the Alpe d'Huez.

But I'm amazed at how little people actually do get hurt, you would think the number would be higher, considering the danger, probably sun stroke does more damage
I think unleashed dogs are more likely to get hurt. I remember a vid of one doggy dying because it was hit by a car. :ld:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I remember that one.
The next day they had an interview with the imbecile (he really was stupid, struggling with words and stuff) on french TV and dude was like : "Well I fukked up by hitting him but as you can see I helped him quickly to put him on his bike so I did something good at the end".
Had me :beli:

Whats lulz, was it was a German photographer semi sabotaging the stage win for a German team.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Supposedly he's flying to London for his Med after the Libertadores final this week.

Wenger has opened the chest.
:leon:
Brazilian papers saying hes off to Arsenal, while Inter of Porto Alegre just signed Newell's Scoco and Alex, that could mean Damiao is out. Any Spurs interest there?

He's not the player Arsenal needs anyway, and i can see @frush11 's hate for brazilians growing stronger as ever

:russ:

Last edited:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
No :sadcam:
I tried but I was losing too often (and I was playing with France against India :beli:). But lately I was heated because my passes was going too the wrong player too much. I think I'll try again.
I think manual controls in FIFA is the best simulation in sports video games at the moment. Does it have its fault sometimes? Of course, but there is nothing more satisfying than a screamer from 40 yards out on manual controls or a 14-pass build up that ends in a fine goal. :ahh:

Manual controls is so pure. With assisted, the ball physics are fukked up and once you get up into the higher division levels, literally every player plays the exact same way (overhead lob passes over the defense). Assisted is shyt.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I think manual controls in FIFA is the best simulation in sports video games at the moment. Does it have its fault sometimes? Of course, but there is nothing more satisfying than a screamer from 40 yards out on manual controls or a 14 pass build up that ends in a fine goal. :ahh:

Manual controls is so pure. With assisted, the ball physics are fukked up and once you get up into the higher division levels, literally every player plays the exact same way (overhead lob passes over the defense). Assisted is shyt.
*opens fifa 13*
*choses FUMA profile*
*prepares himself to be beaten by India*
:sadcam:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Manual controls just takes practice, my friend. What's your gtag? You on XBL right? Me, @LeVraiPapi, and a couple others play every single day. You could get your game up sparring with us.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The first touch control hasn't been a problem since the first week the game came out. It simply comes down to (1) knowing your formation down pat, the location of where all your players ought to be given the custom tactics and custom formation, and how your team moves without the ball and (2) reacting quickly given the context of a pass and where the opposition is. You have to be constantly thinking how your opponent is going to approach you.

The only times I have trouble with first touch is when it's raining or snowing. So I usually just quit those matches :ehh: