Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Sepp Blatter to ask committee to move Qatar World Cup to winter - Soccer - SI.com

:lupe:

Coincidentally, the new Blizzard podcast/Q&A was released today in which the journos thought the minute they 'investigated' switching 2022 to the winter they'd find it undoable and t hey'd move the World Cup.

Platini wanted Qatar, Blatter didnt, and the FIFA elections coming up with Platini running, he'd sacrifice the Qatar WC in order not to piss off all the European nations who'd have to stop their season

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:patrice:

Didnt do RVP any harm when Wenger did it for him, after all wasnt he always injured when he played behind the striker :ld: so players arent allowed to adapt their games due to the toll of injuries?

If Gooney didnt score those goals, United wouldnt of been in the title race, even with Citeh doin their best to fukk it up. Surely thats what you want from your main striker, right? Is to score goals. Doesnt really matter whatelse he does, aslong as he scores when it matters. Regardless the fact still remains to get the best out of Gooney now is to play him upfront.
so then you just agreed with me?

and RVP was still creating for himself and others and could break the line. Rooney was basically a stand in front and finish type of player. He barely moved most matches and did not do much for the team.

And United being in the title race was more Fergie and City being a mess, although I do give Rooney credit.

My whole point is that those two years were two different Rooneys. The 2009/10 Rooney looked like he was stepping up to take over Cronaldo's place. The 2011/12 Rooney had Fergie go out and buy RVP.

Utd have absolutely embarrassed themselves this summer. Wot a shambles. :pachaha:
:dead:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
lol @ Man U.

City about to Get Negredo and Jovetic. Fukk a Cavani. We eating good this summer. Top 2 in the EPL lock.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
so then you just agreed with me?

and RVP was still creating for himself and others and could break the line. Rooney was basically a stand in front and finish type of player. He barely moved most matches.

And United being in the title race was more Fergie and City being a mess, although I do give Rooney credit.

My whole point is that those two years were two different Rooneys. The 2009/10 Rooney looked like he was stepping up to take over Cronaldo's place. The 2011/12 Rooney had Fergie go out and buy RVP.

:dead:

Them having a poor goal difference, which is usually their strong suit and only one other goalscorer in double digits in the league that season (The Lil Pea with 10) is why Fergie went out to get RVP.

BOBN

Pro
Daps
You dont give a f*ck about Monaco, i pulled your hoe card from your very first post to me. From the content of your posts, it sounds like you know f*ck all about football.
I love Monaco. Ask me a question. I know everything there is to know about the club.

That is kind of predictable response i respect from a johnny come lately like you. You sound about 12.

Im not talking about Monaco the place you prat, im talking about your suspect reasons for supporting them.

But since you wanna talk about my club and the fact i am a soft as shyte fan, lets talk about yours. Your highest attendance last season was 6,100. Add another 0 to that and then you can talk about our fans.

Monaco is a fantastic place, but people dont give a f*ck about the team. Props to the true fans tho, but its little f*ckle fans like you who jump on the bandwagon because they signed Falco
Why on earth would a person waste time going to a football match when they live in Monaco? :what: did I not tell you about them yachts?

You were abused as a child. Aged 5 your guardians couldnt be arsed to teach you how to ride a bike or let you roam in parks with friends. instead, refusing to foot the bill for a babysitter, they dragged you along to grimy terraces where you must have been petrified at the noise (noise at Arsenal right...yeah really... :dead:). Now you are addicted. Hug me, but dont you dare try to drag my Monaco brehs into all that.
You wanna see me, im at every Arsenal home game f*ckboy. But lets not pretend your about that life over the internet

f*ck outta here
Translation: I dont wanna see this dangerous breh till damn near september :lupe:

I'll give you one week. in that time you can drink 3 daily protein shakes x 7 plus pop a few beta-blockers. then we meet at Holloway Rd station at 11pm (24th). be there motherfacker im gonna gobble you up n/h
waveyani.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'll give you one week. in that time you can drink 3 daily protein shakes x 7 plus pop a few beta-blockers. then we meet at Holloway Rd station at 11pm (24th). be there motherfacker im gonna gobble you up n/h
waveyani.gif

@BIGDENNIS10UK To film it while he give us his Black Cabbie Commentary

Last edited by a moderator:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have to give it to this @BOBN fella, he's the bravest cheese-eating surrender monkey (@LiuKang :whoa: ) I've ever come across.

Willing to travel from France for a punch up ffs. :lolz:

@JCalli don't let him sully the memories of going to games with your old man.

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
jesus, one fukking friendly that barely 10,000 people attend and just 100 South Wardians attend and theres a massive fukking fight ESC vs Viking Army spilling over into facebook today

damnit i missed all the fukkery :dead:

mad security in 102 last night as well for some reason, some changes are coming :whistle:

bitter old-timers vs the upstarts

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

Females say 'And...' Men may say it but follow it up with justification. Its what separates us. If you didn't know before, now you know.

To answer your question, it amazes me that they are pouring this much into winning this season(weren't they relegated last year?). While I'm not hating, it's just so sudden, which I hope they follow it up next year with more signings. I'd love to see Ligue 1 be relevant and a top 5 European league again. That means possibly, some more teams spending money... que Lyonnais and Marseille.