Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Kunty McPhuck, @Don Rhymus,

On your Tour TV broadcasts/streams, do you have those long ass camera shots on the french landscape ? :pachaha:
That always irked me above all when there was some action and then suddenly, wide shot on this little town the peloton is passing by :bryan:

Im watchin it off Eurosport

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:usure:

11/12 says something different. Gooney can only play striker nowdays, his 2 best seasons as player say that's his best position. And besides RVP what other top players have United signed in that time? Gooney was never goin to reach his true potential the moment Fergie made him C dots runner. Before that season Gooney/C dot were level, after the season it wasn't even close anymore.

:stopitslime:

09/10 Rooney was a marauder type. Very mobile and was willing to create for himself and others and put in that work.

11/12 Rooney was a Ruud-type. Didnt move, just stayed in front of goal and finished. He hasnt been great since he fukked his ankle up in Germany.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yeah, that's a little harsh I would say that they would be battling Arsenal and Tottenham for the last CL spot. They would be a 5-8 team.

I'm a mug for even dignifying this nonsense but....

You're an idiot.

No wait, i don't feel much like a mug at all. :smug:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
This is the bottom line of the situation. Rooney going to Chelsea and playing as an out and out striker is kind of scary for everyone else.

Ideal situation is him going abroad.

RvP is better up top. Kagawa is better behind. Bye Wayne.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
:usure:

11/12 says something different. Gooney can only play striker nowdays, his 2 best seasons as player say that's his best position. And besides RVP what other top players have United signed in that time? Gooney was never goin to reach his true potential the moment Fergie made him C dots runner. Before that season Gooney/C dot were level, after the season it wasn't even close anymore.

SAF did what he had to do to win. There's not much I can say about the signings they made but they were undermanaged since C. Ronaldo's departure. They screwed Rooney because they went and got a better #9 than he was instead of quality midfielders to replace their aging stars(How do you replace a Giggs & Scholes?) The best thing Rooney can do is tell Moyes to let me go and demand a deal be done.....

I doubt it'll be a team in England though were Rooney prefers.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
This is the bottom line of the situation. Rooney going to Chelsea and playing as an out and out striker is kind of scary for everyone else.

Ideal situation is him going abroad.

RvP is better up top. Kagawa is better behind. Bye Wayne.

Agreed. They aren't shipping him to Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal...

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:stopitslime:

09/10 Rooney was a marauder type. Very mobile and was willing to create for himself and others and put in that work.

11/12 Rooney was a Ruud-type. Didnt move, just stayed in front of goal and finished. He hasnt been great since he fukked his ankle up in Germany.

:patrice:

Didnt do RVP any harm when Wenger did it for him, after all wasnt he always injured when he played behind the striker :ld: so players arent allowed to adapt their games due to the toll of injuries?

If Gooney didnt score those goals, United wouldnt of been in the title race, even with Citeh doin their best to fukk it up. Surely thats what you want from your main striker, right? Is to score goals. Doesnt really matter whatelse he does, aslong as he scores when it matters. Regardless the fact still remains to get the best out of Gooney now is to play him upfront.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney.

Although the terms of the offer are confidential, for avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is currently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase price does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United.

Utd have absolutely embarrassed themselves this summer. Wot a shambles. :pachaha:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
SAF did what he had to do to win. There's not much I can say about the signings they made but they were undermanaged since C. Ronaldo's departure. They screwed Rooney because they went and got a better #9 than he was instead of quality midfielders to replace their aging stars(How do you replace a Giggs & Scholes?) The best thing Rooney can do is tell Moyes to let me go and demand a deal be done.....

I doubt it'll be a team in England though were Rooney prefers.

No excuse to keep on being unprofessional, but you can see why Gooney got the hump then him being played everywhere but where he wants, will knock the EGO. But to be playin in him in CM, I'll be fukked off too, dont see that shyt happened to other top rated strikers. (Yes Etoo played winger in the CL vs Barca & Bayern but that was only for what a game and half vs possession based opponents) not for a run of games.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Epic Double Fail At The PitchWorst Open Goal Miss EVER!) El Salvador vs Haiti 2013 - YouTube
I love the Gold Cup:dead::dead:

ETA: Shout out to :myman: Sean Johnson for getting the clean sheet last night:salute:. That save was :ahh:

and the top comment

resocjalizacja2012 6 hours ago
still higher in FIFA rating than Poland :D
Reply · 20

:dead:

I've really enjoyed the Gold Cup as well. You got a mix of everything in there. Silky smooth favorites (USA), silky smooth minnows (Haiti), revelations (Ariel Martinez), bad refereeing, good football, bad football.

I want to see another tournament that has commentators suggesting a player should escape his country to play abroad

And where else would a team like Cuba have a moment like they did yesterday?