Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Pep is gonna ruin Bayern with his Iberian bullshyt.

It was too late for me to hop on a bandwagon. I came in after everyone had already picked a side so I didn't know what to do at first. I was going to hop on the side most people chose but that would have made me an even bigger bandwagoner. Would it have been too awkward to dikk ride stans? Is there a rule against that?:unsure:

not to mention you're some fake ass militant that makes this place too seriously and calls rep squads on people :heh:

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
brehs, what's the point of new york football club ..

this whole thing irks me. naturally being from a new york my team is the new york red bulls but i see no reason for nyfc. they are trying to create a rivalry that's not going to thrive cause the sport isn't big enough yet. and there's no mls teams below the mason dixon??

i'm a huge fan of the yankees and man city is my favorite epl team but i still don't like this idea of another soccer team in ny ..

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
brehs, what's the point of new york football club ..

this whole thing irks me. naturally being from a new york my team is the new york red bulls but i see no reason for nyfc. they are trying to create a rivalry that's not going to thrive cause the sport isn't big enough yet. and there's no mls teams below the mason dixon??

i'm a huge fan of the yankees and man city is my favorite epl team but i still don't like this idea of another soccer team in ny ..

your guess is as good as mine. most nyc'ers wont head out to new jersey, so a team in the city will succeed, guaranteed.

but after the initial euphoria, with this stadium situation nonsense :yeshrug:

if they had that stadium ready it'd be great but they rushed things and now they're fukked. who the fukk is gonna go to the bronx to watch a standard non-cosmos MLS team, in the middle of some dr/pr third world slum territory no less :heh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
your guess is as good as mine. most nyc'ers wont head out to new jersey, so a team in the city will succeed, guaranteed.

but after the initial euphoria, with this stadium situation nonsense :yeshrug:

if they had that stadium ready it'd be great but they rushed things and now they're fukked. who the fukk is gonna go to the bronx to watch a standard non-cosmos MLS team, in the middle of some dr/pr third world slum territory no less :heh:

I, for one, have started to take to this RB team. Not too much pretentious nonsense about repping the team/city, and such. It's a team owned by a corporation here to entertain you. I like that honesty. :ehh:

And I'm still not convinced that being within the city limits will be the clincher that they seem to think it is. :patrice:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I, for one, have started to take to this RB team. Not too much pretentious nonsense about repping the team/city, and such. It's a team owned by a corporation here to entertain you. I like that honesty. :ehh:

And I'm still not convinced that being within the city limits will be the clincher that they seem to think it is. :patrice:

if it's in flushing its a 200% clincher

anywhere else though, youre right

we dont have it bad with red bull, except for the obvious corporate shill aspect of it. kind of like the everton of the league, except with the 2nd highest budget . enough to act superior, yet still gain that cred as long-suffering fan :ehh:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He hasn't built anything and most top clubs have two players for each position. Let's not give him any credit until the end of the season, they should win their league comfortably and it's only in Europe where they'll be tested.

Not like Bayern though, having Kroos/Gotze, Martinez/Gustavo and those wingers is not how most teams are set up.Its usually a huge step downwards from the first team player for most clubs and apart from strikers most clubs prefer playing players in multiple positions over getting 2 of them in one.

Medio

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
if it's in flushing its a 200% clincher

anywhere else though, youre right

we dont have it bad with red bull, except for the obvious corporate shill aspect of it. kind of like the everton of the league, except with the 2nd highest budget . enough to act superior, yet still gain that cred as long-suffering fan :ehh:

yea I see queens being the only logical spot to put a soccer stadium in NYC if they want to have it thrive just cause the numerous amounts of non caribbean latinos that love soccer in that area

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It makes zero sense to go to Bayern whereas he wants to leave Barca due to playing time. If he goes to Bayern, is he even guaranteed a starting position?

Javi Martinez
Schweinsteiger
Kroos
Gotze
Muller
Shaqiri
Luis Gustavo
Thiago???

He'd be a fool to sign with Bayern.

Chances are he could be the alternate for Schweinsteiger because they have struggled to replace him whenever he doesnt play. United would give him more playing time, Bayern the second most but Barca's reluctance to play him even after they had won the league and Xavi talking about still having enough in the tank to play was probably the writing on the wall. He would have had a 90 million release clause if he had played a few more games too, Tito claimed he didnt know about the release clause business.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
rewatching Summer Heights Hight brehs, I remember watching it on HBO on Demand from like 1am-6am one random night, had the :dwillhuh: face on through all the brilliance on display

best non-us/uk program in recent years, for sure

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not like Bayern though, having Kroos/Gotze, Martinez/Gustavo and those wingers is not how most teams are set up.Its usually a huge step downwards from the first team player for most clubs and apart from strikers most clubs prefer playing players in multiple positions over getting 2 of them in one.

:ehh:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Mandzukic.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:

Will be interesting to see what happens with Mandzukic.

Pep has been talking about using some 4-1-4-1 formation and using midfielders in forward positions in false 9 positions and shyt.It might turn out like his last season in Barcelona when he tried to be too clever for his own good and tried very hard to come up with a Plan B that involved 3 defenders and accommodating Cesc in midfield. His advantage is the big gap established by Heynckes might give him some room for his experiments.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pep has been talking about using some 4-1-4-1 formation and using midfielders in forward positions in false 9 positions and shyt.It might turn out like his last season in Barcelona when he tried to be too clever for his own good and tried very hard to come up with a Plan B that involved 3 defenders and accommodating Cesc in midfield. His advantage is the big gap established by Heynckes might give him some room for his experiments.

His management and Bayern's performance, especially in the league, hasn't been given enough credit.

91 points, 1 defeat and an 80+ GD is ridiculous. If Pep doesn't come close to that then he will have failed, just winning the league won't be enough imho.