Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
gif.png

:salute:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
ready for our annual independence day drubbing :blessed:

* 1996 -- 2-1 loss at the Colorado Rapids
* 1997 -- 1-0 loss at the Tampa Bay Mutiny
* 1998 -- 1-0 loss at the the Rapids
* 1999 -- 3-2 loss at the New England Revolution
* 2001 -- 2-1 win over the Tampa Bay Mutiny
* 2002 -- 2-0 loss at the Dallas Burn (now FC Dallas)
* 2005 -- 2-2 tie at then expansion Real Salt Lake
* 2006 -- 1-0 loss at the Los Angeles Galaxy
* 2008 -- 4-0 loss at the Colorado Rapids
* 2009 -- 2-1 loss at FC Dallas
* 2010 -- 1-1 draw at the Colorado Rapids

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
DaMarcus Beasley’s Gold Cup captaincy: Not everything is about Landon Donovan | ProSoccerTalk

Do you really think Landon Donovan’s locked away in his San Diego hotel room ruminating about this? Probably not. Donovan seems to have accepted the consequences of his early 2013 vacation. He’s said all the right things. He knows he has to work his way back into the team, and he’s continuously reiterated his desire to do so. At no point has he intimated anything approaching the entitlement of expecting to be made captain, and Klinsmann’s choice of Beasley’s is less a reflection of some theoretical grudge than a reflection of Donovan’s reality. A reality he’s created.

But look at me, falling into the same trap. At a moment where we could be paying tribute to Beasley, I’m helping fuel a conversation about Donovan. Oh, the tacit hypocrisy of commentary.

I suppose it is what it is, but I can’t help but wonder if Beasley ever stops and thinks about Donovan’s shadow. While he was playing in Champions League semifinals for PSV, making stops at Manchester City and Rangers, U.S. Soccer and Nike were all-in on Landon. Don’t mind me, I’m just playing in England and the Champions League, Beasley could have sarcastically said to himself. If the prime of his career was happening right now, he might get Dempsey-level attention.

That attention never came, but with today’s announcement, Beasley can content himself with this honor. He’s had a fabulous career, one worthy of this recognition.

:ehh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
(about this world cup cancellation business)

yo, all the brazilians on the internet are the same

some barely 1st world country (application acceptance pending) talking shyt about haters and deal with it and this fierce patriotism thats en par with blind american patriotism, except with none of the accomplishments to back it

like that nikka fernando duarte's articles and twitter, hliarious

and yesterday on nyrb facebook with juninho, so glad we got rid of that bum and you got the typical brazilians talking shyt about how american soccer sucks cause he was a failure :heh:

turks are the same way but they have less people that can speak english thus you arent exposed to their stupidity as much

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Higuaín is flying to London right now for his physical
Real has supposedly agreed to terms.
It's happening :blessed:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Higuaín is flying to London right now for his physical
Real has supposedly agreed to terms.
It's happening :blessed:

:blessed::blessed:

Pipita across the belly. :smugfavre:

Chelsea on the verge of signing Luis Suárez for 40 million euros

Luis Suárez is close to committing to signing for Chelsea for 40 milion euros, AS has learned.

The Uruguayan striker, whose situation has been monitored by many of the top clubs in Europe, was one of José Mourinho's priorities and the Chelsea boss, who appears to have lost out to Paris Saint-Germain in the race to sign Edinson Cavani, has made a final assault for the controversial Liverpool forward.

Chelsea on the verge of signing Luis Suárez for 40 million euros | English | AS.com

tumblr_lpmph2c9d01qc93th.gif

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Arsenal fans being happy to get that bum is the most beautiful thing in the world to me. :heh: You're paying the same amount for a man who couldn't beat out Benzema for first team action that Utd paid Ars for the best striker in the world :dead:

Enjoy his no first touch having ass. Wenger has zero idea what constitutes a good forward since Adebayor left.

Chamakh :dead:
Giroud :dead:
Higuain :mjpls:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been saying for years Walcott should have looked to emulate Marc Overmars (Obviously he has nowhere near the natural talent) but he'd be better suited trying to base his game around him than all this discount Henry "IMA STRIKA PLAY ME TRU DA MIDDLE!!11!" nonsense. He could have also worked on his movement off the ball and looked to emulate Ljungberg.
completely redundant to say Walcott should look to
emulate Overmars, you said it yourself, Walcott ain't built for that.

He's extremely fast but
a) Overmars had much more football ability
b) defences have improved since the days of Overmars raping slow lump defenders who's set up on the half way line.

Re: the Ljungberg thing, Walcott has neither the movement nor workrate that Freddie at his best had. He's almost the complete opposite in that he's all pace and no brain.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
7181_588611437839080_1496881866_n.jpg

:salute: Balo the gawd

=========

:what: :ohhh: Higuain is ONLY 25???? :mindblown: Wenger finally :win:

You call Higuain a bum as though Giroud and Podolski are gonna score goals.

Decent signing, he will get 25 goals next season.

Higuain is great if you ask me :manny:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You call Higuain a bum as though Giroud and Podolski are gonna score goals.

Decent signing, he will get 25 goals next season.