Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some signings only look obvious in retrospect but there are no guarantees with players moving to different clubs and countries. Gilberto Silva was a good signing by Wenger, he could have made him Captain and avoided his merry go round with the armband that started with Gallas ( a bad deal that turned out to be given how Ashley was more valuable to Chelsea).

Just good:comeon:

How about a fukking great signing

Gilberto Silva :wow::bow::bow:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
m8s.

I went to an amateur stand-up show tonight.

A woman I've been talking to/romantic interest is an aspiring stand-up, she was ok. But that's neither here nor there. It made me think of a few different things.

(1) People aren't as funny as they think

I listened for hours to the best, I'd reckon, Denver has to offer. I think this runs true for any city. Being funny is a honed skill that is somewhat innate. Just because you can tell funny stories with your friends does not mean you should try your luck at stand-up. I felt like a lot of people simply tried stand-up because a few friends told them they were funny. Nonsense. People can be amusing. But very rarely are people funny, and I think that we take for granted how few people we have that are funny.

(2) Objectivity

I started talking with my lady friend about objectivity. How you can never actually like anything in this world objectively. Every fukking thing in this world, you would never think to look at it through an objective lens. You, no matter what your frame of mind is, and what you are doing at the moment, will always perceive anything with what it comes along with.

Following (3) Everything is shyt

Because you tether subjectivity to every fukking thing in this world, everything in this world is bad. The stimulus is not as good as you think, at all. You can't grade anything based on its objective merits, it is simply impossible. This of course means that everything we indulge in and enjoy is a great delusion. Sports, music, film, art blah blah blah blah blah.

No sport is great because we never stop to think about what is great about it. No music in the history of ever was actually any good because there are things that inform your opinion more than the actual music. People will sit and lament on how music is not good nowadays, how their music was better. Well how does that explain those who criticize your generation's music? And theirs? All music is bad.

Movies. Whatever you name it, it is bad. We can never know. The only thing we know for certain is death, and while it is no great insight, we know that these things insulate and prevent us from thinking of the one true accuracy in this world.

Everything else, we can throw to the bushes.

Happy 4th!1!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
m8s.

A woman I've been talking to/romantic interest is an aspiring stand-up, she was ok. But that's neither here nor there. It made me think of a few different things.

I listened for hours to the best, I'd reckon, Denver has to offer. I think this runs true for any city. Being funny is a honed skill that is somewhat innate. Just because you can tell funny stories with your friends does not mean you should try your luck at stand-up. I felt like a lot of people simply tried stand-up because a few friends told them they were funny. Nonsense. People can be amusing. But very rarely are people funny, and I think that we take for granted how few people we have that are funny.

(2) Objectivity

I started talking with my lady friend about objectivity. How you can never actually like anything in this world objectively. Every fukking thing in this world, you would never think to look at it through an objective lens. You, no matter what your frame of mind is, and what you are doing at the moment, will always perceive anything with what it comes along with.

Because you tether subjectivity to every fukking thing in this world, everything in this world is bad. The stimulus is not as good as you think, at all. You can't grade anything based on its objective merits, it is simply impossible. This of course means that everything we indulge in and enjoy is a great delusion. Sports, music, film, art blah blah blah blah blah.

No sport is great because we never stop to think about what is great about it. No music in the history of ever was actually any good because there are things that inform your opinion more than the actual music. People will sit and lament on how music is not good nowadays, how their music was better. Well how does that explain those who criticize your generation's music? And theirs? All music is bad.

Movies. Whatever you name it, it is bad. We can never know. The only thing we know for certain is death, and while it is no great insight, we know that these things insulate and prevent us from thinking of the one true accuracy in this world.

Happy 4th!1!
You can be very objective after you bust a nut.
I mean that when you're free from desire(s), you see things clearer and that's when you can judge things with the less subjectivity possible IMO. An ataraxic mind should be truly close to the state of absolute objectivity. No bonds, no interests, no feelings, no fukks given.

[ame=http://youtu.be/x8NRtBYc3fI]GALA - Freed From Desire (Official video) - YouTube[/ame]
:dj2:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
m8s.

Happy 4th!1!

Thing is with standup, the good ones dont really even tell jokes (unless they a punchliner) it comes down to the structure of the writing, delivery, timing/pacing and what their overall presence/character/performance is like on stage.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
m8s.

(2) Objectivity

Happy 4th!1!

i realized this about 5-6 years ago. took me until 2-5 months ago to be happy in spite of it.

you're in for a world of pain :win:

but your oft brehs are here to help you through :smugfavre:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is good to think about.

Ade
Cesc
Freddie
RVP
Kolo

?
Nah...

Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Pires, RVP.

Henry and Pires weren't unknown but they ran shyt for a while. No way is Freddie ever going on any list ahead of Pires who was a mercurial motherfukker and took defencers apart like he wasn't trying.

You can't leave off the clubs all time leading scorer either.

Honourable mentions:
- Gilberto
- Kolo
- Lauren
- Sol

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adebawhore is nowhere NEAR Wenger's top 5.

In any order.

Henry
Vieira
Fabregas
Pires
Ljungberg
Toure
Sol Campbell
van Persie
Wiltord
Overmars
Edu
etc.
etc.

All achieved more for Arsenal, all put in better more consistent performances.
Overmars would be almost GOAT signing if he didn't bail after 1 year. He was unplayable.

Shout to to Petit too.

Daps
Reppin
Arsenal
m8s.

(2) Objectivity

Happy 4th!1!

does this guy know how to party or what?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Thing is with standup, the good ones dont really even tell jokes (unless they a punchliner) it comes down to the structure of the writing, delivery, timing/pacing and what their overall presence/character/performance is like on stage.

Yeah I'd say timing is the most important, but it's the hardest to get down (Norm still has the best timing I've ever seen with a comedian) which was what I was telling my friend. I noticed that a lot of amateur comics working on their bits will sorta beat a dead horse for a joke, especially if it's getting some laughs, when they should be on to the next joke.

i realized this about 5-6 years ago. took me until 2-5 months ago to be happy in spite of it.

you're in for a world of pain :win:

but your oft brehs are here to help you through :smugfavre:

:salute:

does this guy know how to party or what?

I spent my late teens and early 20s partying, I'm in my mid 20s funk pseud stage breh, don't kill my vibe :bryan:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
on a relevant note I've been watching Daria, I can't believe I've never watched this program before, would've fit perfectly like 7 years ago :ohlawd:

i've never contextualized my negative thoughts like pen just did, too much work m8s :yawn:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah I'd say timing is the most important, but it's the hardest to get down (Norm still has the best timing I've ever seen with a comedian) which was what I was telling my friend. I noticed that a lot of amateur comics working on their bits will sorta beat a dead horse for a joke, especially if it's getting some laughs, when they should be on to the next joke.

:salute:

I spent my late teens and early 20s partying, I'm in my mid 20s funk pseud stage breh, don't kill my vibe :bryan:

Breh breh I need that Xabi smiliey asap.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:

Not a stand up but more of an actor/sketcher, Ronnie Barkers timing was impeccable.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGpaj2nHIo]The Two Ronnies - Four Candles [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

As for Norm I'm probably goin to watch Dirty Work later

Max Power

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way
Overmars would be almost GOAT signing if he didn't bail after 1 year. He was unplayable.

Shout to to Petit too.

I've been saying for years Walcott should have looked to emulate Marc Overmars (Obviously he has nowhere near the natural talent) but he'd be better suited trying to base his game around him than all this discount Henry "IMA STRIKA PLAY ME TRU DA MIDDLE!!11!" nonsense. He could have also worked on his movement off the ball and looked to emulate Ljungberg.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Breh breh I need that Xabi smiliey asap.

gif.png