Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I understand the white privilege thing, and I assume that any white person who laments their inability to use *certain words* or make *cetain jokes* has a dubious motive for wanting to.

On the other hand, I find it strange that it seems to be relatively acceptable, more or less, to believe that white people/CACs (and it's virtually never any narrower than that sweeping generalization) are the absolute scum of the earth, and that such beliefs are not intrinsically racist, or at least, not bad racism, as long as they're directed toward white people.

Wouldn't it be better if no one made broad generalizations about people and attributed them with assumed characteristics based solely on their race? There's so much "white people always ____ ", "CACs deserve this because they did _______", "typical CACs", etc.

:lupe: I just want to read The Coli without feeling bad about myself :damn:
If I was white there is no way I would post here:ld:

I see people post legitimately good posts and people will just respond with "shut up cac" or "aint you a cac tho". How do can you post here knowing that being a 'cac' is the same thing as having no value and no credibility to the community here in the eyes of a lot of posters?

Eoin

Pro
Daps
2uXjfXv.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps
If I was white there is no way I would post here:ld:

I see people post legitimately good posts and people will just respond with "shut up cac" or "aint you a cac tho". How do can you post here knowing that being a 'cac' is the same thing as having no value and no credibility to the community here in the eyes of a lot of posters?[/B]

:mjpls: Being a black woman is worse.

Always thought cac was a joke. Once you don't take this forum seriously and find your niche (OFT CC :win:) you're good.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
CAC is really a joke. A lot of the people who use the term are white themselves. (Im convinced 75% of this site is white)

the (black) women bashing is on another level of hate. You can feel the emotions there.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
:mjpls: Being a black woman is worse.

Always thought cac was a joke. Once you don't take this forum seriously and find your niche (OFT CC :win:) you're good.
:deadmanny: That shyt is just a whole 'nother animal entirely. The 'war' against black women on this site is crazy. You got that one c00n literally finding everything he can to shyt on black people to cling onto his c00ning way. You got people living by the words that c00n Tommy says and that fakkit hates the world. "Hair hats":russ:

Why, this is crux of the problem? Can't run away from it forever.
It's just fukking annoying. It's annoys me now as a black dude, I'm pretty sure I would have peeped some of these posts and dipped within a week of discovering this site if it was actually directed at me or fell back to lurking. Don't see a point in trying to fit into a community that goes out of their way to blame all their problems on me :manny:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
CAC is really a joke. A lot of the people who use the term are white themselves. (Im convinced 75% of this site is white)

the (black) women bashing is on another level of hate. You can feel the emotions there.

I feel like some of them liberal cacs(:mjpls:) then. Why am I getting annoyed by shyt that they don't even care about then. fukk it then:unsure:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
you're 100% right.

the problem is that it goes both ways.

also, I dont think every white person who does not understand white privilege and the power behind it, has dubious motives. A lot of them really have no idea because they have never had to face white privilege. Like that little c*nt -- yes c*nt -- who got the Affirmative Action decision in front of the Supreme Court this week.

She has no idea why we have the need for it. She also thinks that it was a minority person who took her place in in that school, which is bizarre.

I can't really say much on Affirmative Action because I'm only hazily aware of the ins and outs of it. Maybe it needs more visible advocacy to educate people on why it's necessary? Or is that discussion one that everyone in America is privvy to but hasn't really reached these shores?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i think white people will "get" white privilege in mass numbers one day. once it doesn't exist anymore, that is :mjpls:

truth be told, i think a lot more understand it now than ever before. a lot of them get really caught up in white guilt as a result. but that's better than nothing right?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I can't really say much on Affirmative Action because I'm only hazily aware of the ins and outs of it. Maybe it needs more visible advocacy to educate people on why it's necessary? Or is that discussion one that everyone in America is privvy to but hasn't really reached these shores?

while its not a quota, I think you guys have them in the UK? or at least had them.

Its necessary because this country is still very segregated.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Were you talking about that college student that complained that she didn't get accepted into a top school because she was white @mastermind? I hear about that awhile back but I never heard what happened with it

Last edited by a moderator:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
while its not a quota, I think you guys have them in the UK? or at least had them.

Its necessary because this country is still very segregated.

If we do, it's not something I ever see talked about here. It's definitely not a well-known thing in Britain either way.

I wasn't questioning why those policies are necessary by the way, I was saying that maybe there needs to be more discussion to educate people like that woman from Texas about why they are.

Is it talked about in school and stuff there?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Were you talking about that college student that complained that she didn't get accepted into a top school because she was white @mastermind? I hear about that awhile back but I never heard what happened with it
the woman from texas.

The Supreme Court punted on the decision this week of whether AA is still needed or not.

The irony of course is that white women have been the biggest beneficiaries with regards to AA.

If we do, it's not something I ever see talked about here. It's definitely not a well-known thing in Britain either way.

I wasn't questioning why those policies are necessary by the way, I was saying that maybe there needs to be more discussion to educate people like that woman from Texas about why they are.

Is it talked about in school and stuff there?
White privilege is only discussed if you take liberal arts classes in college, from what Ive seen.

Its not discussed anywhere else. White people get up in arms when you say they are privileged.

Last edited by a moderator:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
it makes me genuinely angry when white people get upset over coming to grips with white privilege. the first resort of the ignorant white person is to call the person who pulls the back on the curtain on this idea a racist :dead:

or if a white person does it to another white person, they're "race-obsessed" and "should leave this issue alone, it's dead" :heh:

the fury. you almost have to laugh, altho it's really not a laughing matter :ld:

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I have a huge problem with losing interest once I get to a certain point with video games these days. I never finished Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. I got to the last mission of Far Cry 3, put it off for weeks and the blu-ray reader on my ps3 broke so I never finished it :heh:. Now I'm in the last stages of Ni No Kuni and all of a sudden my interest in finishing it has plummeted:sadbron: