Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I went into the Higher Learning subforum and started reading one of them multi-page threads in there. Believe it or not, the discussion started to take on a bit of a racial bent.

:lupe:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Gotta love world football, Montero tears it up in MLS and get no good offers, has his worst season in Colombia and heads to Sporting Lisbon.

Then again, MLS doesn't sell with the first offer they get, and Sporting is now mid table, which in PT league puts them around the Revs equivalent

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Apparently Papa Isco got paid a few millions (some say 10 million :mjpls:) when his son went to Madrid. :whoo:

Lads, we letting all this money float away b.

tumblr_miwnrdE4k41rbxfqjo1_400.gif

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Ey lads, post all of your oft football smileys and i'll put them in the OP so they're easy to find.

:smugrvp::ronlaugh:

Look at Bertie Smalls' posts few posts above.

There were more in his posts.

Apparently Papa Isco got paid a few millions (some say 10 million :mjpls:) when his son went to Madrid. :whoo:

Lads, we letting all this money float away b.

tumblr_miwnrdE4k41rbxfqjo1_400.gif
Same with Neymar...
I think I'mma be in the football player breeding business when I'm a little older.
And when I have kids obviously.
:hyena:

I went into the Higher Learning subforum and started reading one of them multi-page threads in there. Believe it or not, the discussion started to take on a bit of a racial bent.

:lupe:
I don't know if it's an american thing but when I browse some threads, even if it's subtle, there is always a racial (there is only one race, the human one) complexional undertone.

First, I still don't understand how you americans accept to be categorized as caucasians-americans, african-americans, latino-americans and such on your ID's. Wouldn't it be preferable to just have "american" written ? Don't you think that the current way is institutionalizing differences and hurting the relations between americans from different complexions ?

Second, I know there were slavery and the civil rights movements just a few decades ago and that the relations between americans from different complexions were absolutely violent so I don't throw rocks at nobody. But, I'm kinda amazed at how a black person have to behave in the US these days (according to the coli). Sometimes, I have the impression that being black in the US forces you to watch your back everytime you see a white person (above all if it's a cop)... The relations between communities seem soooooo poisoned that I really feel bad at times. I really wonder how bad it is...

Third, the thing I hate the most reading the coli is that, when dealing with white people, black people seems to be damned no matter what they do.
- Black man with a white woman ? He's a c00n who loves him some beckies
- Black woman with a white man ? SMH at her not liking her own, how dare she ? Dating outside of her communauty, really ?! Cot damn cac loving b!tch.
- Black wo/man appreciates or does something "white" ? Then, why s/he acts caucasian ? why s/he doesn't like his own culture ? Why s/he wanna please the white man/massa so bad ? Why s/he denies his/her roots ?
Sometimes it's scary how venomous some remarks are...

Last, there is some kind of tribal way of see things between whites and blacks that is weird. Like when I read some thread a few weeks ago about Diddy dating a white girl and people were acting like he took a female from a rival tribe ! The opposite is also true, when a famous (not even necessarely) black woman dates a white dude, it's like she betrays her tribe and should be cast away for eternity !

I mean the relations seems so fukked up between blacks/latinos/whites (let's not even mix religions with it...) that sometimes I think some posts are unbelievably trollish and sad at the same damn time.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Same with Neymar...
I think I'mma be in the football player breeding business when I'm a little older.

I don't know if it's an american thing but when I browse some threads, even if it's subtle, there is always a racial (there is only one race, the human one) complexional undertone.

First, I still don't understand how you americans accept to be categorized as caucasians-americans, african-americans, latino-americans and such on your ID's. Wouldn't it be preferable to just have "american" written ? Don't you think that the current way is institutionalizing differences and hurting the relations between americans from different complexions ?

Second, I know there were slavery and the civil rights movements just a few decades ago and that the relations between americans from different complexions were absolutely violent so I don't throw rocks at nobody. But, I'm kinda amazed at how a black person have to behave in the US these days (according to the coli). Sometimes, I have the impression that being black in the US forces you to watch your back everytime you see a white person (above all if it's a cop)... The relations between communities seem soooooo poisoned that I really feel bad at times. I really wonder how bad it is...

Third, the thing I hate the most reading the coli is that, when dealing with white people, black people seems to be damned no matter what they do.
- Black woman with a white man ? SMH at her not liking her own, how dare she ? Dating outside of her communauty, really ?! Cot damn cac loving b!tch.
- Black wo/man appreciates or does something "white" ? Then, why s/he acts caucasian ? why s/he doesn't like his own culture ? Why s/he wanna please the white man/massa so bad ? Why s/he denies his/her roots ?

Last, there is some kind of tribal way of see things between whites and blacks that is weird. Like when I read some thread a few weeks ago about Diddy dating a white girl and people were acting like he took a female from a rival tribe ! The opposite is also true, when a famous (not even necessarely) black woman dates a white dude, it's like she betrays her tribe and should be cast away for eternity !

I mean the relations seems so fukked up between blacks/latinos/whites (let's not even mix religions with it...) that sometimes I think some posts are unbelievably trollish and sad at the same damn time.

you gotta remember that a lot of these coli dudes don't get any type of positive female interaction, or any social interaction in general. you cant take their opinions too seriously because they feel entitled and are pretty angry at the world for not having their dreams served to them on a silver platter. the female hate on here is ridiculous, and it clearly stems from not being able to fukk every chick they want to. it's one of the most thinly veiled attempts at overcompensation i've ever seen.

as for race relations, the biggest barrier to improving that is that many, if not most, white people don't understand the concept of institutional racism and how that feeds white privilege. this white woman from the south told me just yesterday she doesn't "get" the "double standard of the N word". i was like :heh: it's not for you to get, just dont use hateful language with centuries of history attached and it's all good. she still didnt get it :ld: just a small example of how the people who have the least to fear are the last to recognize any danger.

also our ID's don't say our race :lupe: at least not my state ID or my passport, and those are the only kinds of ID i have to my knowledge

Capitol

Did this work
Daps

Same with Neymar...

I can't even tell if people are trolling or if they really believe this stuff anymore. It's insane:wow:

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I understand the white privilege thing, and I assume that any white person who laments their inability to use *certain words* or make *cetain jokes* has a dubious motive for wanting to.

On the other hand, I find it strange that it seems to be relatively acceptable, more or less, to believe that white people/CACs (and it's virtually never any narrower than that sweeping generalization) are the absolute scum of the earth, and that such beliefs are not intrinsically racist, or at least, not bad racism, as long as they're directed toward white people.

Wouldn't it be better if no one made broad generalizations about people and attributed them with assumed characteristics based solely on their race? There's so much "white people always ____ ", "CACs deserve this because they did _______", "typical CACs", etc.

:lupe: I just want to read The Coli without feeling bad about myself :damn:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:shaq2:

That sounds all nice and pie in the sky, but that ain't the reality of life.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
[...]
also our ID's don't say our race :lupe: at least not my state ID or my passport, and those are the only kinds of ID i have to my knowledge
:ohhh:
That's something I always believed true. My bad then.

:shaq2:

That sounds all nice and pie in the sky, but that ain't the reality of life.
How is that NOT true ?
If some people want to believe we are inherently different because our skin tones doesn't match, that's on them, but that doesn't make it true...
But if we talk about ethnicities, there's no problem.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
as for race relations, the biggest barrier to improving that is that many, if not most, white people don't understand the concept of institutional racism and how that feeds white privilege.
this.

they will never get it, and because of that race relations will forever be messed up in this country.

but the dudes on here just hate women. nothing else. they are very bitter.

On the other hand, I find it strange that it seems to be relatively acceptable, more or less, to believe that white people/CACs (and it's virtually never any narrower than that sweeping generalization) are the absolute scum of the earth, and that such beliefs are not intrinsically racist, or at least, not bad racism, as long as they're directed toward white people.
you're 100% right.

the problem is that it goes both ways.

also, I dont think every white person who does not understand white privilege and the power behind it, has dubious motives. A lot of them really have no idea because they have never had to face white privilege. Like that little c*nt -- yes c*nt -- who got the Affirmative Action decision in front of the Supreme Court this week.

She has no idea why we have the need for it. She also thinks that it was a minority person who took her place in in that school, which is bizarre.