Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is Frush has nothing to go on for Giroud except his feeling....erm, sounds good and all, but he also sounds like the french Dzeko. Coool. Cool signing.

Never felt sorry for Len Bias. Drug user. fukk em. Never once used drugs in my life except for the drink and when I'm in Vegas :manny:

Which is really the only acceptable arena. Calm yourself Bias, you were only the great player that was supposed to keep the Celtics hegemony going into the 90s. No need to do all that. Jordan was there.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Speaking of Sam Cooke though, this is his greatest song of all time, no contest:

The trumpet ohhhhh :ahh:

Could be because it's the ultimate love song (along with 'this must be the place' by talking heads. Was with a broad a couple of weeks ago and she tried to put that on, had to give her the :childplease: you're not that special babe) and I've yet to find a broad that feels it like I do. Could never get into A Change Is Gonna Come cos' Spike Lee killed it. As a black man it's alright, but I'm not proud of it, and I hate having other black men tell me what I should be proud of. fukk that. fukk A Change Is Gonna Come.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
NVM. Listening to A Change is Coming. Powerful music. If anything it reminds me of me and my dad.

I've always been incredibly irreverent. For as long as I can remember. If you respect something I won't, simple as that. Even against all logic.

I remember I once got in an argument with my dad about about Muhammad Ali who was his hero (among others). I thought my dad was gonna kill me cos I said Ali was worthless and not even really all that athletic. Didn't know he was all into that civil rights shyt :leon:

I still like to argue with my dad about black figures. Just to fukk with him if anything. But I do sorta respect it.

It's just that you know, being black is alright, just don't parade about with it. It's disgusting. We're doing alright otherwise.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Malcolm X though, fackin overrated book. It actually taught me quite a lot, trailed off though and got boring towards the end.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I reckon Malcolm X is pretty overrated full stop.

Didn't he like getting fukked by lads? :huhldup:

These are your heroes?

BOBN

Pro
Daps
Funny thing is Frush has nothing to go on for Giroud except his feeling....erm, sounds good and all, but he also sounds like the french Dzeko. Coool. Cool signing.
He sounds like a dzeko to me too but If frush backs a player you know hes got a chance. he was predicting arshavin to flop in first off-season ffs, everybody else was predicting player of the year and all sorts.

I got the U 30 for 30 on deck which ive been meaning to watch and will before this weekend it out. Also pony express, once brothers, best there never was. Cocks out :ahh:

and what makes it better is unlike the escobars one (and the horrible tyson-tupac one with that shouting c*nt) I dont know how these stories end. I didnt even know the two brehs in hoop dreams werent gonna make it to the nba until about 5 minutes from the end. Same thing with moneyball, thought theyd win the league :sadbron:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On a music side, anyone listen to any new music?

Anything good out there? (any genre)

I'm still listening to nas - lost tapes

I don't really look for new music anymore tbh, it's gotta fall on my lap at this point.

Shame

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He sounds like a dzeko to me too but If frush backs a player you know hes got a chance. he was predicting arshavin to flop in first off-season ffs, everybody else was predicting player of the year and all sorts.

I got the U 30 for 30 on deck which ive been meaning to watch and will before this weekend it out. Also pony express, once brothers, best there never was. Cocks out :agh:

and what makes it better is unlike the escobars one (and the horrible tyson-tupac one with that shouting c*nt) I dont know how these stories end. I didnt even know the two brehs in hoop dreams werent gonna make it to the nba until about 5 minutes from the end. Same thing with moneyball, thought theyd win the league :sadbron:

What are they? docs?

BOBN

Pro
Daps
yeah docs

On a music side, anyone listen to any new music?

Anything good out there? (any genre)

I'm still listening to nas - lost tapes

I don't really look for new music anymore tbh, it's gotta fall on my lap at this point.

Shame
I was like you but I needed to buff up the iphone so I gave some new brehs a chance.

get blu & exile - below the heavens (2007)

better than lost tapes imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzGIKShL1SI"]Blu & Exile - No Greater Love - YouTube[/ame]

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Never felt sorry for Len Bias. Drug user. fukk em. Never once used drugs in my life except for the drink and when I'm in Vegas :manny:

Which is really the only acceptable arena. Calm yourself Bias, you were only the great player that was supposed to keep the Celtics hegemony going into the 20th century. No need to do all that. Jordan was there.

:what:he did coke once and died
:birdman: respect my bias

:russ::bow:

do you need subtitles for the marcus dupree one? i imagine it'd be like me watching a documentary about geordies, might have to rewind here and there to make sure i heard it right

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I think that strange bcos were much more betterer educationalised.

:manny: obviously the bbc accents do fine with enunciation. probably has as much to do with american movies being more prevalent than british films so they hear it more
americans also conflate "the" english accent with intelligence