Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Erykah Badu's new video (NSFW)

[ame=http://vimeo.com/43298255]Western Esotericism on Vimeo[/ame]

:ahh:

(its her sister apparently)

BOBN

Pro
Daps
england aren't "the biggest disappointment" or any of that nonsense... just a good side who perform pretty much as expected.... which becomes disappointing when you see other good sides consistently exceed expectations.
of course they are. if not england then who?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
As of Wednesday, 128 nations were still competing for 31 spots in Brazil, including the United States. First-year coach Jurgen Klinsmann has the mandate to transform U.S. Soccer at every level, from the youth ranks to the senior national team, as I detail in a feature in this week's SI magazine. But while Klinsmann owns loads of experience, having played in three World Cups (winning one in 1990) and having coached Germany to the '06 semifinals, he has yet to endure a World Cup qualifier in the hothouse conditions of Central America.

[What can Klinsmann expect when the U.S. travels to upset-minded Guatemala next Tuesday for game two? "When we get off the plane there will be riot gear and armed guards on our bus," said U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra. "We'll be flanked by probably two police buses with guys hanging out the windows with machine guns and things like that. It's definitely an interesting experience when you go to Central America for qualifying." [Faggy Wahl neutrality redacted]

Indeed, many of the challenges in CONCACAF qualifying have little to do with the skill of opposing teams. Late-night fire alarms, patchy and bumpy fields, long-seated anti-U.S. sentiments, projectiles from the stands: Road trips in the region are fraught with perils you'd rarely see in, say, European World Cup qualifying. Nor should we discount the improvement of CONCACAF teams like Panama, which could very well qualify for its first World Cup finals this time around.

U.S. set to embark on long qualifying road to World Cup 2014 - Grant Wahl - SI.com

Klinsi is gonna abandon his ":smile:" approach as soon as those urine bags hit the floor

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I very rarely give reps.

I find that complimenting anyone in anyway somehow takes away from my own self worth, so i tend to shy away from that.:youngsabo: