Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Your not sayin anything new, this has been a topic thats gone on for the past 8-10 years. And the PL has money before the foreign investment came, why you think the foreigners wanted to buy teams in the PL in the 1st place?

they did have money and world wide fan base before major foreign investment took over but the league wasn't head and shoulders above other leagues...Russian, Gulf Arab and American money has put them above and beyond other leagues

England's population is only 50 something million...but it's the rest of the global English speaking audience that tunes in from august to may every weekend that brings them those billions of $$$$$$

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
but look how fast we have been progressing since making our debut.. we have been improving. England has been on the decline since 66

2006 (first world cup): round of 16 (eliminated by brazil)

2010 (second world cup): round of 8 (eliminated by uruguay)

2014 (third world cup): :mj:

So did Nigeria and look at them now :flabbynsick: And they won a Gold medal at the Olympics in that time. Ghana cant even be kings of their own continent

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
they did have money and world wide fan base before major foreign investment took over but the league wasn't head and shoulders above other leagues...Russian, Gulf Arab and American money has put them above and beyond other leagues

England's population is only 50 something million...but it's the rest of the global English speaking audience that tunes in from august to may every weekend that brings them those billions of $$$$$$

No it didnt. Since Arab has come into the PL the league has dropped off in terms of quality. And the american money :russ: United were breakin transfer records without, not much so since American money has come in. Aston Villa :russ: Liverpool :umad:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
England

2008: Didn't qualify

2010: Round of 16

2012: :ooh::ooh::ooh:

Dat progression:takedat:

The fukking nerve of this guy who, supports 3 club teams(one in a country he's probably never been too) and supports 2 nations ffs:snoop:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We attract foreign investors because we're the centre of the football world.

There's a reason they all come here. We have the oldest and most prestigious football league(s) in the world.:umad:

Does canada even have a football league, gtfoh:heh:
foreign investors don't give a fukk about age or prestige, they care about that paper, making england the best option when you weigh up potential cash against how easy it is to buy a club.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
foreign investors don't give a fukk about age or prestige, they care about that paper, making england the best option when you weigh up potential cash against how easy it is to buy a club.

god stfu:snoop:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
How do you support 3 teams?

You are the worst kind of supporter.

who are you again?

see this is the entitlement/authority complex you English fans...you guys think you can define to others what a true supporter is

GTFOH

I was born in Toronto

My parents were born in Accra

I chose to support Chelsea

That is why I support 3 clubs

BTW, these clubs are on 3 different continents, are never in the same competitions and will never play each other

emoney

custom user title
Daps
England

2008: Didn't qualify

2010: Round of 16

2012: :ooh::ooh::ooh:

Dat progression:takedat:

The fukking nerve of this guy who, supports 3 club teams(one in a country he's probably never been too) and supports 2 nations ffs:snoop:

yea yea

just admit England is not what you think it is

Ohms Law

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#Byrd Gang
Naa the thing is most UK citizens have never lived outside the UK.
Ive lived in four countries. Ive supported 4 football clubs throughout my life. Whats wrong with that?

emoney

custom user title
Daps
No it didnt. Since Arab has come into the PL the league has dropped off in terms of quality. And the american money :russ: United were breakin transfer records without, not much so since American money has come in. Aston Villa :russ: Liverpool :umad:

I will conceed that American money has not really been positive

but Russian and Arab money is definitely responsible for talented players coming to England

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who are you again?

see this is the entitlement/authority complex you English fans...you guys think you can define to others what a true supporter is

GTFOH

I was born in Toronto

My parents were born in Accra

I chose to support Chelsea

That is why I support 3 clubs
1) a kid from carlisle with a heavy internet game doesn't count as "you english fans"

2) but he is right in the sense that it's hard for committed fans to envisage dividing their loyalty among multiple teams