Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A spokesman for Roman Abramovich denied a news report on Monday that the billionaire Russian owner of London's Chelsea soccer club had been arrested in the United States.

:whew:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

frustrated.gif

Was looking a tough 48 hours for London based Oligarchs. Put Usmanov on lock down :to:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
i'm :popcorn: before i read that adu article

im betting the writer has 1. never seen bahia play 2. barely seen adu play 3. will speak in cliches about bahia/brazil

lets see how right i am. cause if its an opinion piece its no better than something a message board poster would write

:ahh: first fukking sentence makes a local reference (obviously googled)

random reference to a bay?? Baia de Todos-os-Santos (wikipedia)

the northeast is so poor!!!

wikipedia'ed club titles, woe is them vs the bigger clubs of the south

wiki'd attendance figure

some quotes

yeah, nonsense

James Young has lived in Brazil for eight years. He writes a column on Brazilian football for The Independent website and has also written for The Blizzard, World Soccer and IBWM. He is currently working on a novel about love, death and football in the nordeste of Brazil. Twitter:
well you wouldn't know it, what kind of high school paper nonsense is this. forced references to the city anyone couldve done

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
frustrated.gif

Was looking a tough 48 hours for London based Oligarchs. Put Usmanov on lock down :to:

Not anything they haven't been through before tbh. Doubt there was any foul play in Berezovsky's death either.

In other news:

It will come as a considerable blow to Arsenal’s hopes of maximising their next kit deal to learn that adidas are no longer interested.

Adidas, wary of the money Arsenal want, believe they already have a strong hand of Champions League clubs in Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Bayern Munich and extra Premier League exposure with Swansea, Stoke, Sunderland and West Bromwich Albion with West Ham likely to be their next London club signing.

:ufdup:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Not anything they haven't been through before tbh. Doubt there was any foul play in Berezovsky's death either.

In other news:

:ufdup:

:aicmon:

One of the Arsenal ITKs :ld: said Nike matched. They were/tried using Adidas to ramp up the price but they weren't stressing Arsenal.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Where is this Ultra shyt streaming at?

I've been listening to the Red Bull Music Academy sets down in MIA this weekend, but I guess they're not part of the same thing?

Nah.

Ultra is just the big event during the Winter Music Conference, where there's a million events being thrown with all the best DJ's in town for 10 days.

Just started a new job, didn't want to take the time off.

Missed out on so much piffery.

My brehette:
Went to a Jamie xx boiler room set
Went to a Jamie xx and Four Tet pool party
Saw Skream spin a house set
Went to a Boyz Noize event and met them and Steve Aoki
Sat at Skrillex's VIP table
Went to a Red Bull sponsored breakfast party (from 3am to 7am) that was invite only

Basically went on a ballin ass four day Miami bender.....and I could've been there the entire time :noah::noah::noah::noah:

fukk workplace etiquette :sadbron:

I'm going to make up for this by going to TomorroWorld in Atlanta.

Only thing I got into this weekend was being hit on by a 57 year old 3rd generation Jamaican chinese woman at a landscaper to the stars house.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:aicmon:

One of the Arsenal ITKs :ld: said Nike matched. They were/tried using Adidas to ramp up the price but they weren't stressing Arsenal.

If Putin seriously wanted him gone he'd have been dead long before the weekend. As for Roman? Berezovsky lost the court case and had to pay his legal fees.

He bodied himself cause he was broke and :flabbynsick:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
they have nothing to worry about

edu/beckerman in the jones role, clueless whoever is on the right (cameron) and its an easy 2/3-0

One of the Mexican media members on hand was a Récord reporter, Álvaro Cruz, who triumphantly tweeted: "Klinsmann caught us taping him from up high and they sent the police, but it was impossible to prevent Mexican journalism from winning this game."

:russ: another legendary win for the glorious nation of mexico, fukk those gringos

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Papoose finally is going to release his album :ohhh:

I remember when I first listened to the nonsensical lyrics of Alphabet Slaughter like it was yesterday

Reading his wikipedia page I didn't know he was married to Remy Ma, or that he's currently a grad student :ohhh:

Or that his name also means 'baby/baby carrier' :laugh: