Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've come to the conclusion that I hate when they play 90s rap in a bar.

Gin and Juice can fukk off. I think what's topped it off for me is people nodding their head like that shyt just came out yesterday. It's almost 20 years old you c*ntface, cut yourself.

That song still rocks a party better than any of these currents tunes, 90's hip-hop will never die:umad:

It's the pinnacle of the genre, and we all know.

When 'Big Poppa' comes on:lawd:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
'Gin and Juice' always get a pass in the club. OT, I hate when people look down at sampling. Sampling always needed in Hip-hop.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
brehs went nuts over his "blasphemy/blast for me" line :heh:

i'm a jay fan to an extent, got great songs and the one time i saw him in concert, he tore that shyt down

i dont mind him saying "i rob, i sin" etc but it shouldn't be used in the movie itself.

but beyond the superficial layer, he's a bit of a dullard and his fans are worse than tupac's in the late 90s. i don't stan any rappers but i can kinda get why people would stan nas. he's said some smart dumb motherfukker type stuff in his day but at least he's tried to say something substantial, even when he falls short.

jay stans look at him like the cool kid in school that they must get close to in order to be cool themselves.

remember that one poster doeboy who always had his finger on the trigger whenever someone slighted jay z in the least? :heh:

I shyt on JayZ because I am a huge fan of his. If Nas did this, I would shyt on him too. But lets be real breh, JayZ stans are not approaching late 90s 2Pac stans. JayZ fans are the wannabe cool kids, like you said, while 2Pac stans were Heaven's Gate-like.

and doeboy is still on here. His name is Gravity on here now.

Gin and Juice can fukk off. I think what's topped it off for me is people nodding their head like that shyt just came out yesterday. It's almost 20 years old you c*ntface, cut yourself.

:ufdup:

You wont hear this played in the club much anymore, but mid 90s Bad Boy was on some :wow: status

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNYRuj8Ym0"]Total Feat. The Notorious B.I.G. - Can't You See (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

"slow down son you're killing em" :lawd:

This is Puff's best adlib performance, imo.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I know they still rock a party.

I think my hate is for two reasons:

1) I feel like I've been hearing the same songs every weekend since high school. and

2) Because they are guaranteed to be liked, I've heard djs rely on them as a crutch all too often.

But when you're drunk I guess it doesn't matter all that much to people :ehh:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yeah, I'm sorry. Played to absolute fukking death. Someone always puts them on as a token nostalgia jam. The same fukking songs every time, and expects a "Aaaawwwww hellllll naaahhhhh HE TOOK IT BACK :krs:" reaction when in reality me and my squad are like ":upsetfavre:"

Juicy is forever acceptable, but that's where it stops. Gin & Juice, California Love, Can't You See etc etc need to be left alone in the rafters for another 7-10 years.

The whole point of a token nostalgia kick is hearing something you haven't in forever, when it's the same shyt in any given bar/club 3-4 nights a week, shyt needs to be shown the bushes.

AND fukk "PARTY UP".

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm sorry. Played to absolute fukking death. Someone always puts them on as a token nostalgia jam. The same fukking songs every time, and expects a "Aaaawwwww hellllll naaahhhhh HE TOOK IT BACK :krs:" reaction when in reality me and my squad are like ":upsetfavre:"

Juicy is forever acceptable, but that's where it stops. Gin & Juice, California Love, Can't You See etc etc need to be left alone in the rafters for another 7-10 years.

The whole point of a token nostalgia kick is hearing something you haven't in forever, when it's the same shyt in any given bar/club 3-4 nights a week, shyt needs to be shown the bushes.

AND fukk "PARTY UP".

while i completely agree with this but i cant lie when ive been drinking these songs are :ohlawd: because for the most part everyone is fukking with these tunes. they played the ruff ryders anthem the other night i was like:lawd:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Any of you brehs ever get that feeling of when returning to studies and university, you feel (like in my case with studying IR) that you just love reading up on theories and being in touch with the current events of your field (in my case; terrorism, war, govt plans, dictatorships, conspiracy's, foreign policy) but you're just so distracted by the mediocrity of every day life and what society and the masses throw at you?

:why:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
someone's having an existential crisis. what is this deep question shyt so early in the day breh!

i think people can only juggle a certain amount of things to focus on. thats why once people start working a 9-5 job all of a sudden hobbies and things to learn kinda get thrown in the bushes, because you dont have time or energy to focus on all that. sports for example is the easiest distraction/hobby to partake in, its just watching tv or reading news or posting about stuff, but its not really -doing anything- yeh? you're not taxing your brain trying to learn new skills or be informed about anything that actually matters. personally i couldnt care less about world news, its nice to keep up sometimes but is it really affecting me personally? not really /coliignorance

i just think theres a limit to energy you can expend on day-to-day activities and most of it is just gearing up getting motivated to actually get out of bed and continue with your job every day

KOTK

Pro
Daps

There's absolutely no reason I should have heard Party UP an ungodly amount of times the last few years at absolute CAC fests.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Any of you brehs ever get that feeling of when returning to studies and university, you feel (like in my case with studying IR) that you just love reading up on theories and being in touch with the current events of your field (in my case; terrorism, war, govt plans, dictatorships, conspiracy's, foreign policy) but you're just so distracted by the mediocrity of every day life and what society and the masses throw at you?

:why:
Get a job in politics? :yeshrug:

I took a couple of IR modules in first year, was like reading the news, but in a good way.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
someone's having an existential crisis. what is this deep question shyt so early in the day breh!

i think people can only juggle a certain amount of things to focus on. thats why once people start working a 9-5 job all of a sudden hobbies and things to learn kinda get thrown in the bushes, because you dont have time or energy to focus on all that. sports for example is the easiest distraction/hobby to partake in, its just watching tv or reading news or posting about stuff, but its not really -doing anything- yeh? you're not taxing your brain trying to learn new skills or be informed about anything that actually matters. personally i couldnt care less about world news, its nice to keep up sometimes but is it really affecting me personally? not really /coliignorance

i just think theres a limit to energy you can expend on day-to-day activities and most of it is just gearing up getting motivated to actually get out of bed and continue with your job every day
This when your friend Jack Daniels comes to help.