Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Solid work chaps.

New subject

Is the MLS Superdraft the greatest waste of rented hotel conference/ballroom space in all of athletics?

The two best #1 picks are Adu and Edu. By a fukking landslide. Michael Bradley was a fourth rounder the same year Freddy went #1 . Looking through these selections and it's mind-boggling. The MLS draft encapsulates everything wrong with youth scouting on the whole, but specifically in the U.S.

The funny thing is for all the flops at #1, #2 has a solid success rate. Twellman, Shea, Guzan, and Ricardo Clark.

:ohhh: they're all 6-footers? It's hilarious.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Solid work chaps.

New subject

Is the MLS Superdraft the greatest waste of rented hotel conference/ballroom space in all of athletics?

The two best #1 picks are Adu and Edu. By a fukking landslide. Michael Bradley was a fourth rounder the same year Freddy went #1 . Looking through these selections and it's mind-boggling. The MLS draft encapsulates everything wrong with youth scouting on the whole, but specifically in the U.S.

The funny thing is for all the flops at #1, #2 has a solid success rate. Twellman, Shea, Guzan, and Ricardo Clark.

If Zakuani didn't get his leg broken in half, he'd be a star in MLS. The boy can play.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
my favorite player to watch, before he fell off the last 2 seasons, was Xavi.

I liked his quiet domination of every match he played from 2008 to sometime in 2012.

I really believe he could have made any decent side a title contender in that period.

I was always a fan of his game before, but those years he was :damn:

After that, I love watching Ibra. The dude is insane and volatile on top of that out of this world skill even though he is 6'4". He doesnt make sense to me. And he is one of the few players that can score from anywhere on the pitch. :whew:

Xavi got that achilles injury which has plagued him for what the last 2-3 years?

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'd bring Freddy along every single time. People gotta realize his talent isn't always there, so he's good for an explosion of talent/speed here and there.

MLS is probably the worst league for him to shine in. Group mentality, no space, hard tackling. I bet in Brazil he's gonna be treated like the star he is, and he'll have room to shine and respect from everyone. Adu is one of those types Brazilian crowds love with the showy shyt, exact opposite of the mentality here. He won't even have to track back and defend.

See the Gold Cup and how he made a difference. The international game is slower and more technical and he fits in perfectly.

I don't even care about Adu right now though, its those defenders I'm worried about.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'd bring Freddy along every single time. People gotta realize his talent isn't always there, so he's good for an explosion of talent/speed here and there.

MLS is probably the worst league for him to shine in. Group mentality, no space, hard tackling. I bet in Brazil he's gonna be treated like the star he is, and he'll have room to shine and respect from everyone. Adu is one of those types Brazilian crowds love with the showy shyt, exact opposite of the mentality here. He won't even have to track back and defend.

See the Gold Cup and how he made a difference. The international game is slower and more technical and he fits in perfectly.

I don't even care about Adu right now though, its those defenders I'm worried about.

If John Anthony Brooks chooses Germany over us, we're screwed. We need some productive young centerbacks real bad right now.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Solid work chaps.

New subject

Yeah, I agree with this completely.

Those first picks have been weak and awful. It's to the point where I am not sure they should even have the draft anymore.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Sorry to break in brehs but listening to The Times Podcast - Spurs have the 2nd best XI in England Rory Smith :leon:

Solid work chaps.

New subject

Is it because what works in college doesn't work in the pros? You can be the Don of College Soccer by being bigger and faster than everyone fucc a technique :smugdraper:, in the pros you just a another nicca :shaq: while all those 2nd rounders with the so-so athleticism had to work on their technique and football IQ.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Sorry to break in brehs but listening to The Times Podcast - Spurs have the 2nd best XI in England Rory Smith :leon:
Why did you link me this garbage? :comeon:

I ignored this pod the entire year. Then listened to see if they would talk about Kay and sat through this dredge. :scusthov:

Also, RVP is a 4 matches away from the old white striker watch list. I was thinking about it beforehand but I need to wait this out a bit.

Xavi got that achilles injury which has plagued him for what the last 2-3 years?
Yeah, they been managing it since 2011 but its gotten worse.

He still great but not :lawd: status he was a few years ago.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Yeah, I agree with this completely.

Those first picks have been weak and awful. It's to the point where I am not sure they should even have the draft anymore.

Especially considering the MLS academies has produced guys like Najar, Agudelo, and Luis Gil who look to be better than 98% of the players taken in the Superdraft.