Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Brehs, who is your favorite player to watch?

He was number two until Cristiano slowed his game down, but for me it's Robben. What a wonderfully talented, flawed, spectacle of a player. It's like he plays in spurts. He's either dialed all the way down playing the team game, or spendin 15-45 minutes determined to do absolutely fukking everything by himself.

Any given game he's likely to pick up the ball in his own half, dribble down the wing, lose the fullback by going left, lose the center by going left, get brought down in the box, wag his finger and shake his head as more qualified individuals plead to take the penalty, miss said penalty, make a :noah: face, then fire off 2-3 shots from outside the box to close out the half.

He's the player I feel is most likely to score an amazing goal in a match, both because of his ability and his ability to forget the previous eight attempts at wondergoals that has his entire team mean mugging him. Some of his best goals feature a few teammates standing unmarked in the box with their hands up.

Remember his first World Cup game? Bossed the entire thing, dribbled his ass off, scored the only goal, and his whole squad wanted him dead as he needlessly ballhogged against a Serbia and Montenegro side that they probably could've put 5 past.

What a hero :wow:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
How Kay wasnt fired over this :snoop:

The Game Podcast :popcorn:
http://downloads.timesonline.co.uk/podcast/thegame/game7_31.mp3

Wigan owner Dave Whelan tells @bbc5live that McManaman tackle on Haidara wasn't reckless and he took the ball "clean as a whistle."

Dave Whelan: “young McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided"

Whelan: “..referee was 15 yards from the tackle. I don’t think his view was blocked. He had a clear view. I had a clear view in the stands"

Whelan: McMananman "hasn’t gone over the ball. That’s an accident.. There is not one ounce of malice in [him].. He was very upset by it all.

https://twitter.com/richard_conway

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
my favorite player to watch, before he fell off the last 2 seasons, was Xavi.

I liked his quiet domination of every match he played from 2008 to sometime in 2012.

I really believe he could have made any decent side a title contender in that period.

I was always a fan of his game before, but those years he was :damn:

After that, I love watching Ibra. The dude is insane and volatile on top of that out of this world skill even though he is 6'4". He doesnt make sense to me. And he is one of the few players that can score from anywhere on the pitch. :whew:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
USMNT roster

No Johnson, Williams, or Chandler. :damn:

GOALKEEPERS- Brad Guzan, Nick Rimando, Sean Johnson

DEFENDERS- Geoff Cameron, Omar Gonzalez, Tony Beltran, Justin Morrow, Clarence Goodson, Matt Besler

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Maurice Edu, Graham Zusi, Brek Shea, Joe Corona, Sacha Kljestan, DaMarcus Beasley, Kyle Beckerman.

FORWARDS- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Eddie Johnson, Terrence Boyd.

A starting back four of Beasley-Besler-Gonzalez-Cameron. :scusthov:.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite player to watch recently was Riquelme, he could run the game without running about like a headless chicken. I think the Argies 2005-07 were the most exciting NT to watch, doing tiki taka before it became mainstream. So unfortunate to run into Dunga who probably relished playing against such teams.

Ronaldo (Brazilian) was my all time favorite shouldnt have gone to Serie A though but who could blame him because the league had an ultimate monopoly on stars during his time. He had it all pace, directness and dribbling skills. The Real Madrid Ronaldo was like 50% or even less than his 96-98 but still won a title.

Ronaldinho 2004-06 made people have a grudging respect of Barca, that goal against Chelsea against Carvalho was:whew:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my favorite player to watch, before he fell off the last 2 seasons, was Xavi.

I liked his quiet domination of every match he played from 2008 to sometime in 2012.

I really believe he could have made any decent side a title contender in that period.

I was always a fan of his game before, but those years he was :damn:

After that, I love watching Ibra. The dude is insane and volatile on top of that out of this world skill even though he is 6'4". He doesnt make sense to me. And he is one of the few players that can score from anywhere on the pitch. :whew:

What Xavi did to Real in that 6-2:salute:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
If USA doesn't get this result against Costa Rica it's gonna be the almighty panic stations :ohlawd:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
USMNT roster

No Johnson, Williams, or Chandler. :damn:

GOALKEEPERS- Brad Guzan, Nick Rimando, Sean Johnson

DEFENDERS- Geoff Cameron, Omar Gonzalez, Tony Beltran, Justin Morrow, Clarence Goodson, Matt Besler

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Maurice Edu, Graham Zusi, Brek Shea, Joe Corona, Sacha Kljestan, DaMarcus Beasley, Kyle Beckerman.

FORWARDS- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Eddie Johnson, Terrence Boyd.

A starting back four of Beasley-Besler-Gonzalez-Cameron. :scusthov:.

why wont this bum ass german manager just give FREDDY ADU a chance ?:to:

looking at the lineup, that midfield is :scusthov:

Then people are going to act surprised when Altidore or Dempsey can't score??

fukk!!! :stopitslime:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
My favorite player to watch was watching Cesc grow from 2006-2011.

My favorite goal by him is of course Milan. But my favorite moment that I remember wasn't even a champions league match or a premier league match.

It actually came in a pre-season friendly against Ajax in 2008. If I recall correctly it was Cesc's first pre-season match that season.

He slipped this one, very simple, pass to Sagna behind Ajax's left midfielder which took him completely out of the equation. I remember watching Arsenal back then without Cesc and how the passing wasn't fluid, unimaginative, boring.

Then I remember seeing that pass and I swear I made almost the exact same face as :ohhh:

Because the gulf in quality was so apparent. It was so simple, and it made so much sense. But I don't think anyone would've thought about it who were in that squad that day.

Anyway, yes my favorite Cesc Fabregas moment was one pass he made to a fullback during a meaningless pre-season friendly. :yeshrug: