Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I meant to say this

its next year, and orchestra is playing Illmatic in honor of the 20th anniversary

Damn, probably forget by that time.

If it's just Illmatic material, i'll deffo go.

Would get chills hearing them do "It ain't hard to tell"

Montez

Superstar
Daps
depends on who the artist is

Mavado and Konshens :beli:...Not the best concert to role alone to but Mavado is my dude. Konshens brings the girls out :manny: been thinking about rolling solo more after reading the thread in TLR.

yoyoyo, you telling me the RedBulls/USNT program couldn't find a single decent African kid from this school? Looks like they have a potential base of local talent that they're not exploiting( as far as I know)

Martin Luther King boys soccer team beats Aviation, 2-0, to win 14th PSAL Class A championship in past two decades - NY Daily News

USSF is built around the suburbs.

concise

Veteran
Daps
yoyoyo, you telling me the RedBulls/USNT program couldn't find a single decent African kid from this school? Looks like they have a potential base of local talent that they're not exploiting( as far as I know)

Martin Luther King boys soccer team beats Aviation, 2-0, to win 14th PSAL Class A championship in past two decades - NY Daily News

I don't know what the deal is with that, they've been beastly for as long as I can remember.
Maybe they don't respect the level of competition :manny:
Like Montez said, scouting here is still not as good as it should be, and I have no idea how many kids they were putting in college soccer, which was big for a long time.
SoccerAmerica - High school ban hits hard in Manhattan 08/03/2012

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what the deal is with that, they've been beastly for as long as I can remember.
Maybe they don't respect the level of competition :manny:
Like Montez said, scouting here is still not as good as it should be, and I have no idea how many kids they were putting in college soccer, which was big for a long time.
SoccerAmerica - High school ban hits hard in Manhattan 08/03/2012

That article was illuminating and explained a lot. Looks like they're messing up with a broad rule that affects kids that have a lot of talent.

Didnt even know about this dude.
Bakary Soumaré - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soumaré had expressed a desire to represent the United States at international level once he became an American citizen. At the time of that announcement, he believed that he would have his citizenship by sometime in 2009.[4] After that wasn't possible, Soumaré declared himself for Mali, making his debut in 2009. In the Africa Cup of Nations, Soumaré was in a squad and made two appearance, playing 90 minutes and received a yellow card, resulting a miss for one game.

USSF sleeping at the wheel.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

yeah basically all the response posts are right.

growing up and being involved in a youth league from a young age i cay say there were little opportunities here and there but once you venture out of the city and start traveling its all richer white folks. our league (not state, not regional) all-stars played some big shot select team in mass and we beat em, just as a completely meaningless example to represent all this. immigrants kids vs white kids, yet its the other group who get to work with the federation programs and the like.

i mean, they're getting it right with all the mexican-americans but then again the sheer number of them means you cant really miss. thats how you see random americans in academies over the world, like the barca kid.. no one was knocking at his door. being a big country hurts the us here, they're never gonna do a decent job cause its impossible.

mlk has been as big as far as i can remember, no idea :yeshrug:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

my cousin still in high school and has played against MLK..the only reason why that school soccer team is "good" is because they poach all the good players that play good against them...if you have a good game against them, as a friend of my cousing did , they come and offer u to transfer to their school and hook them up..

the level is not that high in the PSAL (HS Soccer) and MLK teams are all big black african kids that can run fast and are bigger than all their opponents..Skill wise they are very poor and rely on their athleticism which is the biggest advantage at that level...the level of the NASL and other independent leagues in BK and in Flushing is much higher than in the High School championships (PSAL)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
the level is not that high in the PSAL (HS Soccer) and MLK teams are all big black african kids that can run fast and are bigger than all their opponents..Skill wise they are very poor and rely on their athleticism which is the biggest advantage at that level...the level of the NASL and other independent leagues in BK and in Flushing is much higher than in the High School championships (PSAL)

American coaches and their athleticism obsession :snoop: :russ:

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
American coaches and their athleticism obsession :snoop: :russ:

at that level(15-18 year old kids) u know all that matters is who runs the fastest and is pretty basic soccer with mostly 2 big fast forwards with everyone else just lumping it up to em..thats why the independent leagues are much better skill wise and its much more organized and thats where u see players who might either make it to the NASL (second division soccer) or College soccer which is pretty decent but again its mostly abouth athleticism:mindblown:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
at that level(15-18 year old kids) u know all that matters is who runs the fastest and is pretty basic soccer with mostly 2 big fast forwards with everyone else just lumping it up to em..thats why the independent leagues are much better skill wise and its much more organized and thats where u see players who might either make it to the NASL (second division soccer) or College soccer which is pretty decent but again its mostly abouth athleticism:mindblown:

:upsetfavre: reminds me of growing up :sadcam: