Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Another thing about Warren Barton, he said Sergio Ramos wasnt fast. :thefucc:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Four more years:thumbsdown:

The Court of Arbitration for Sport has rejected the final appeal by Ivorian Jacques Anouma to be able to contest this weekend's Confederation of African Football (Caf) elections in Morocco.

The decision means incumbent president Issa Hayatou, in power since 1987, will run unopposed in Marrakech on Sunday.

"I am awaiting the details from my lawyer but the news is not good," Anouma told BBC Sport on Tuesday.

Anouma was barred from voting after Caf changed its statutes last year.

In September 2012, the amendment only allowed voting members of Caf's Executive Committee to contest the presidential elections.

Anouma sits on Caf's executive committee but only because he serves as one of the continent's representatives on the Fifa executive.

Although the 61-year-old attends Caf meetings, he does not have any voting rights.

"The Cas panel ... decided to dismiss the appeal of Jacques Anouma; broadly following the reasoning of the Caf Executive Committee, whose jurisdiction to decide the contested decision was recognized by the Cas," read a statement from the Switzerland-based legal body.

"Thus, it was confirmed that the Caf Statutes adopted in September 2012 were applicable in assessing the validity of the candidates in the presidential election and that Anouma did not meet these criteria because he had never been a member [of] the Caf Executive Committee."

Anouma's forced exclusion means that Hayatou is set to extend his reign as Caf president to 30 years.

Having taken charged in 1987, the Cameroonian will finish his reign in four years' time - having said that this will be his final term in office.

This is the fourth case that Cas has rejected challenging the change to the Caf statutes after two previous challenges lodged by the Liberia Football Association. (BBC)

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Ever been to Brooklyn? :usure:

:takedat:

We deserve to be a city... a state... a country :to:

I have, some years ago. I suspect nowadays it's like that show Girls. Do not want. :no:

NYC has always been a bit meh to me. It's cool, just an overrated city. Plus it lost a lot of its flavor when it got safer in the 90s I reckon :ld:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Georgia Aquarium, World of Coke and CNN all on the list.

Probably gonna add the places on Man v. Food too but I'm not trying to get :flabbynsick: in the span of a couple of days which was a burger place and Gladys Knight Chicken and Waffles :ehh:

WENT.:ahh:

There's two in Atlanta. One in the city proper and one out in the burbs. Went to the one out in the burbs on a saturday morning and the wait wasn't bad at all.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I remember we had a Gladdys Nights Chicken and Waffles (Horse mentioned it). Ate there one time, not bad. :ehh:

Its now Irie Cafe, now. Joint didnt last more than 3 years, irrc.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
5live if you enjoy hearing a public broadcaster disgrace itself.

a good one I picked up off iplayer (these are presenters btw, not random plebs): "if anything, it was a foul on arbeloa" :russ:

but wait, nothing can top "as soon as welbeck starts to add goals to his game he'll be some player"

the_defeat_of_wonder_woman__still_unconscious__by_620brown-d4x9002.png
:stopitslime:

its true. :birdman:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Another thing about Warren Barton, he said Sergio Ramos wasnt fast. :thefucc:

He minimized Varane's performance to a simple "the tackling in this game has been outstanding." :heh: No respect for the future Franz Moore-Baresi de la Thuram. That's like saying Don Rhymus only has shin digs.

If you get the chance review his calls on the questionable handball decision with Ramos and Rafael.

Rafael: Great! Coming off the Line and helping your keeper...he might've been lucky there :youngsabo:

Ramos: :pacspit: That's a handball!! My word...this referee :piss: (Please note: he only said this after seeing it from two different angles)

Wrighty and Gus is going to be comedy. I can't wait.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:dead: tweet of the day yesterday

[ame]https://twitter.com/MauriceEdu/status/309046670082052096[/ame]

(apparently it was a real big sending off 2 weeks ago that cost bursa the game and there was a lot of controversy about it)