Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Thank fukk no one from the OFT is a real footie manager :whew:

Bale shyt. Messi shyt. Demps competent. :ehh:

We all clown Wenger but most lookin like Cardiff City level managers with your player evaluations. How much better would u do if u deem Messi and Bale shyt and products of their system for the most part :laugh: :ld:

Last shorter than Malesani tbh :yes:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
If I was a manager I'd probably be like Clough
mysmilie_3122.gif

Starting out bright, young. Any club I go to I would take it right the fukk over.

Until of course I win it all, alcohol ravages my insides, my one virtuoso player becomes flabby n sick and I lose my edge and the game ruthlessly passes me by as I'm left in my last game in charge looking like an eejit, mouth slack, staring at my team sheet like a blind man who was just handed flight controls.

Then, I die.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Kunty McPhuck,

You were asking about Valbuena earlier in this thread (from PSG 2-0 Marseille: PSG attack at speed, but fortunate to keep a clean sheet | Zonal Marking) :
ZM.net dude said:
Valbuena

From then, Marseille gradually became more positive and dominated possession over the 90 minutes. Joey Barton and Jacques Aliaxys Romao stayed in deep position sat the start of the game, but Barton gradually pushed forward as Marseille went in search of an equaliser. The wide players stayed wide.

The most exciting player, as always, was Mathieu Valbuena. A tremendously talented player on the ball but a creative midfielder who, like Mesut Ozil, Toni Kroos or Santi Cazorla, relies more upon his appreciation of space and his ability to vary his position, this was a great demonstration of Valbuena’s talents. As mentioned many times before, he’s the perfect ‘central winger’.

When Marseille were struggling at the start of the game he dropped deep to become the third central midfielder, but when he realised his side were controlling the game (from about 30 minutes onwards) he stayed higher up between the lines and drifted from flank to flank, casually helping to provide overloads and stretch the play. He played a number of crosses towards Andre-Pierre Gignac in the box, and played a couple of one-twos to get himself in good positions.

Statistically, Valbuena’s contribution was immense: he played the most passes (81), created the most chances (5) and had the highest pass completion rate (98%). The final statistic is the most remarkable. It’s simply amazing that a creator can (a) play in such an advanced position where he’s constantly under pressure from opponents, and (b) be the primary man responsible for creating chances with clever threaded balls, yet still retain possession so reliably. You won’t find that ‘hattrick’ of those statistic-leading contributions in such a big game again this season.
It appears he will leave at the end of this season. Will be a great asset to whoever wil sign him IMO.

By the way any of yall ever did some snowboard ?
I'm back from the winter sports resort with knee and elbow (kinda light) injuries (from falling so much :scusthov:) and a huge cold. :krshd:.
I got the basics now but learnt them the hard way, didn't know it would be that hard :whew:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Kunty McPhuck,

You were asking about Valbuena earlier in this thread (from PSG 2-0 Marseille: PSG attack at speed, but fortunate to keep a clean sheet | Zonal Marking) :

It appears he will leave at the end of this season. Will be a great asset to whoever wil sign him IMO.

By the way any of yall ever did some snowboard ?
I'm back from the winter sports resort with knee and elbow (kinda light) injuries (from falling so much :scusthov:) and a huge cold. :krshd:.
I got the basics now but learnt them the hard way, didn't know it would be that hard :whew:

And here me thinkin you was hiding because of last Saturday :skip:

If Valbuena does leave he'll have to join the right team especially due to his age (hes gunan be 29 for the majority of next season) hes not that much of an investment and lack of goals, he might be better off playin in a deeper role in a 433 than as a #10 in 4231

Last edited by a moderator:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
And here me thinkin you was hiding because of last Saturday :skip:

If Valbuena does leave he'll have to join the right team especially due to his age (hes gunan be 29 for the majority of next season) hes not that much of an investment and lack of goals, he might be better off playin in a deeper role in a 433 than as a #10 in 4231
Lol, I just don't understand our rugby team. We're heading to the wooden spoon and we beat the hell out of the Aussies 3 months ago. :mindblown:

By the way our women team won the crunch :hyena:

For Valbuena, I think he has at least a 3-4 good year run at his level. So I'm sure he can prove in a bigger team than Marseille. He's a hard worker and the 'never surrender' type which are great values in those current times.
But why do you think he needs to score more ? He provides enough assists to be a realiable playmaker IMO :
His stats this season
Ozil's stats this season
They are quite similar even if Valbuena shoots more but it's seems logical considering Real got Ronaldo and Di Maria to take care of this part of the game.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Molly Watr just showed up on my FB feed :dwillhuh:

So that's actually a thing, good for him.:ehh:

Edit: man browsing the coli on your phone is terrible. Every page I go to some ad opens the App Store for an app called Candy Crush Saga. shyt is aggressive as fukk

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Lol, I just don't understand our rugby team. We're heading to the wooden spoon and we beat the hell out of the Aussies 3 months ago. :mindblown:

That your Rugby team for you. Fofana :whew: what a try. Your team jsut ran out of legs made shytty subs.

By the way our women team won the crunch :hyena:

For Valbuena, I think he has at least a 3-4 good year run at his level. So I'm sure he can prove in a bigger team than Marseille. He's a hard worker and the 'never surrender' type which are great values in those current times.
But why do you think he needs to score more ? He provides enough assists to be a realiable playmaker IMO :
His stats this season
Ozil's stats this season
They are quite similar even if Valbuena shoots more but it's seems logical considering Real got Ronaldo and Di Maria to take care of this part of the game.

If you gunna play as a #10 you got to score goals and consistently and in that link hes only got 2. Unless like you pointed out, you have regular goals coming from the flanks, its not good enough. Thats why I think him playin as the most forward of a midfield 3 (433) would probably be better suited for him, good work rate, creative, good pace and dribbling ability.

Also all the top teams are looking for young players, hes 28 goin on 29. So then you have to look at the teams who coudl sign him and thats probably a team like Everton, L'Newcastle, if hes lucky maybe a move to Atletico. Other than that his options are pretty limited in the top leagues, could always go to Russia/Turkey

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am surprised though given that Egyptian players havent been able to translate Al Ahly and Egypt's AFCON success into moves abroad. Aboutrika was the most talented of the bunch and he never considered moving to Europe.