Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
If Yamal went to Saudi next year, he would have totally dominate the league to warrant starting for Spain because the level of competition and coaching in that league is way below the level of the top European leagues.
This is what I’m getting at. Y’all are looking at level of coaching and competition. I’m looking at ability of the player.

If Yamal went to Saudi, but came back banging goals and making assists in Nation League games then why not include him.

If the player can play ball, they can play ball. Tournament football isn’t club ball. It’s only 8 games to win a WC, Euros etc

We act like once a player leaves Europe they forget how to play ball or they don’t know how to adapt.

I’m not saying have a full team of Saudi players, but 1 or two isn’t gonna break a team (as seen in the Euros with France and Spain). I mean Saudi Arabia beat Argentina in the last WC…

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps

😳
aba.gif

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I literally have no recollection of this game happening wtf. Dont think I even watched this game

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This is what I’m getting at. Y’all are looking at level of coaching and competition. I’m looking at ability of the player.

If Yamal went to Saudi, but came back banging goals and making assists in Nation League games then why not include him.

If the player can play ball, they can play ball. Tournament football isn’t club ball. It’s only 8 games to win a WC, Euros etc

We act like once a player leaves Europe they forget how to play ball or they don’t know how to adapt.

I’m not saying have a full team of Saudi players, but 1 or two isn’t gonna break a team (as seen in the Euros with France and Spain). I mean Saudi Arabia beat Argentina in the last WC…

I've seen Costa Rica beat Uruguay and Italy but that doesn't mean I rate their domestic league.

Playing in a more competitive league improves your form and, in the case for Yamal, development since you're playing with better coaches and practicing with better players. Saudi league is shyt so that contributes to worse form, especially for creative players and attackers.