Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
It's been Rice and whoever has been fit. Phillips played vs Scotland and Italy. Henderson vs Ukraine. Trent played vs Malta and Macedonia. Gallagher vs Australia and Brasil and Mainoo started the last match.
So only Rice is a proper DM right ? Looks like the other names are more 8s ?

I looked at the list and Southgate has chosen a very attacking side from the look of it. The attacking talent is there to succeed but the team feels rather unbalanced even for a 352.

Daps
He's still not using merit. He said he didnt pick Henderson because of an injury he has.
From a man utd perspective, I'm happy Rashford is not going. But from his perspective I'm gutted for him because I can imagine how gutted he will be. Like you said he didnt deserve it.
Oh so Henderson not being called up is down to injury, not because he wasted the last year of his career chasing the bag and refusing to come back to England because of tax reasons
I take back what I said about Southgate then, he is still a shyt c*#t of manager who i have no faith in

on a another note I wonder who this sports presenter who just got arrested for raping a child under the age of 10 is ?

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

I looked at the list and Southgate has chosen a very attacking side from the look of it. The attacking talent is there to succeed but the team feels rather unbalanced even for a 352.
you know whats crazy? England has a legit number 8 in Angel Gomes. hasn't got a look once like Caqueret for France

thank god:lolbron:
also happy, Maddison isn't going :whew:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

You can make the 352/3142 work by starting off with 4 man defence. Have the FB's (needs to be Walker Shaw/Gomez tho) stay back (thus leaves Maguire as the middle CB and has the pace alongside him) push Stones into midfield and be the DM and/or alongside Rice. Which allows Rice to play as a b2b player/ball winner and/or higher up. Stones naturally plays on the right and Rice does the same on the left. Your keeping players in zones that they are comfortable and natural to them especially when your more forward players are roaming/rotating more. Gives you the option of a box or diamond in midfield.

Now this is the complicated part the Jude/Foden conundrum. One of them has to be the CM when defending. Jude is the obvious one because he's the better defensive player with the blocks ball winning and interceptions and hes played in a 2 man pivot previously. But his off the ball runs box crashing and going beyond Kane when he drops deep from CAM role is just as important. I suggest a bait and switch when in possession. Present Foden as the #10/ss but plays more as the 8/10 and Jude go do Jude things with more freedom and space to run into. Foden is at his best on the RHS Jude is at his best on the LHS. Allow those 2 to go cause chaos. As you have Stones and Rice midfield cover plus the back 3. And the 2 wingers basically just stay where they are.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Oh so Henderson not being called up is down to injury, not because he wasted the last year of his career chasing the bag and refusing to come back to England because of tax reasons
I take back what I said about Southgate then, he is still a shyt c*#t of manager who i have no faith in

on a another note I wonder who this sports presenter who just got arrested for raping a child under the age of 10 is ?

The E-Streets saying

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
He's still not using merit. He said he didnt pick Henderson because of an injury he has.
From a man utd perspective, I'm happy Rashford is not going. But from his perspective I'm gutted for him because I can imagine how gutted he will be. Like you said he didnt deserve it.

That's just to save Hendo from embarrassment.

I just hope Wharton makes the final squad, with Eze.