Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think Grealish's defense is overrated. Was good when he was the media darling but haven't see it recently. If that's the reason he was picked it just means England are going to get exploited on the left.

His defending is fine. He knows how to hold up attackers which is part of the job. When defending on counters there is a certain line you have to take vs quicker players. You don't try and run with them you'll lose. You take the shortest distance which is diagonal line run and Grealish does this very well.

Grealish isn't really viewed as a starter by Waistcoat and I don't expect that to change now. 15 starts and 5 of those have been in friendlies vs 20 subs. Waistcoat views him as a closer type of player/impact sub. At his core Waistcoat is still a defender. He mightbof bushed some of his favourites but he isn't going go full gunho he still needs players he has worked with for a long time. Also that squad is kinda bare on players who know how to win.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Tchouamanei is probably the one they see being Kroos replacement within the squad. Camavinga is similar to Jude and to an extent Valverde where they can do every role in midfield but their best is going forward.

Camavinga is bit like Declan Rice playing the 6 but doesn't allow them to be the best version which is the driving b2b player unless they have the sitter alongside them.
Tchou has the best passing range out of the younger ones, my issue with him though is he's not as proactive defensively, he's not there to break up plays quickly and also, when the team is being pressed, he doesn't show up enough for the ball like Camavinga.
i'm assuming next season, they will start their midfield with Bellingham/Tchou/Valverde

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Tchou has the best passing range out of the younger ones, my issue with him though is he's not as proactive defensively, he's not there to break up plays quickly and also, when the team is being pressed, he doesn't show up enough for the ball like Camavinga.
i'm assuming next season, they will start their midfield with Bellingham/Tchou/Valverde

With Carlo you just don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck with the same set up as now and then change halfway thru the season.

The real problem is the forwards and I'm not talking about the obvious 2. Its Rodrygo and Guler and then you have Brahim who is provides grinta and eye for a goal who are basically fighting it for the RW. But Real defends in a 442 and Valverde provides the cover at RM.

If Carlo can pull off a Pep style rotating and get everyone game time and keep them happy :damn:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Neither does Grealish, but he is still in the team. Sterling doesn't deserve it on merit either, but we have seen sterling in an England shirt is a different beast.

Defence is ass cheeks too.

Yup grealish hasn't done anything all year but gets picked. Sterling had a decent season and always shows up for the three lions but not chosen.

Bum ass luke shaw

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Kroos retiring from football after euro :meh:

can't believe i'm finally old enough where several players younger than me are retiring. i got Kroos by a few months. Hazrad retired too.

must admit, didn't start seeing how elite he was until Madrid 3peat.

don't know if any of Madrid's other young midfielders have his and Modric's quality, but Camavinga's game against Cadiz, gave me a little hope where he was the sole dm but was building up plays and passed between the line like Kroos

Creating yourself in videogames with your real age :to:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Suningg had like revenue of 100 billion last year I don't get how they don't have the bread

Revenue is not operating or net income or cash flow from operations net of expenses. You can have all the revenue you want if your expenses are substantially higher than revenue you have no earnings and cash flows to service (pay interest and principal) on your outstanding debt(s).

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Trent is also listed as a midfielder. :jbhmm:

All his recent games have been in midfield for England. Given its been vs the weaker opposition. Also gives Waistcoat the option to go 3atb given Konsa is more RB/CB. And when Waistcoat does play 3atb Walker has always been the RCB. If Shaw doesn't make it I see Trippier basically moving over to the left flank to be LB/LWB.