Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Notvsure you guys will have enough time to make it work properly. Sounds like France 2002-2004, a team with a weird shape tying to fit all midfielders.

I'd go with a 442 diamond with Jude-Kane up front. Stones as a DM and your FBs handling the width by themselves. You sacrifice your wingers but you fit all your midfield at their right position.

There isn't really that much change. When you think I'm keeping everyone more or less in the roles they do for they club sides. Walker Stones Gomez Foden Rice and Jude doing his multi purpose role of LM/AM CM/AM. Nothing is new to them.

And England chop and change from 3 and 4 atb so it's nothing radical really. Also what Im proposing Waistcoat already has experience with this sort of set up when he played under Venables at Euro 96. He pushed up to become the DM and allowed Paul Ince to play higher. The only issue in the whole Jude/Foden conundrum is who plays next to Rice when defending in 442

England don't really have the FB's to provide the width like that in the squad. LB's are Shaw if he even makes it. Right footed Gomez and Trippier. Then the RB's are Walker Trippier and Konsa. Trippier and Walker are old Konsa is a CB who can play RB.

Daps
@SCORCH got his wish.
Poch is out.

:ohhh:
Crazy move even for Chelsea standards

They were starting to improve towards the end of the season and i think could have been a problem next year for other teams wanting to stay in the top 4 if they kept Poch

Now they are back at square 1 looking for new manager to start all over again

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Poch was picking up momentum as well. Chelsea has a culture of killing managers. I'm sure they'll find a good manager to replace him but if you don't give a manager time to cook you will always starve.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
sadly for you hating on chelsea aint popular no more, but valid question

It's not popular because they aren't winning right now.

But these man just sold a hotel to themselves and no one is saying a word. I just want to point out the real criminals in football. Especially that dirty Manchester United who failed ffp last year.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Poch was picking up momentum as well. Chelsea has a culture of killing managers. I'm sure they'll find a good manager to replace him but if you don't give a manager time to cook you will always starve.

Poch's crime was asking for players in the 24-28 age range. Boehly and Co like :heh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
What does Southgate have against Tomori?

Everytime Waistcoat went to watch him play in person he either made a big mistake or was generally poor. Got sent off in one of the matches as well. Didn't help that Pioli's terrorist tactics made Tomori bad at times. Tomori got injured between November and March and hadn't had much football when the March international window came around. Which was the final nail in the coffin. Going on this seasons form Tomori hasn't been good enough along having no equity in the bank under Waistcoat it was an easy decision. He also handicapped Tomori by playing him at LB in his last game for England and didn't really give him a chance to play at CB properly.

As someone who watches Tomori every week his biggest flaw is that he's overly aggressive and goes chasing for the ball a bit too much when he really doesn't have to and ends up leaving gaps. Also being a small CB while he has a good leap he still gets caught out in the air.

Last edited:
Daps
Everytime Waistcoat went to watch him play in person he either made a big mistake or was generally poor. Got sent off in one of the matches as well. Didn't help that Pioli's terrorist tactics didn't help Tomori. Tomori got injured between November and March and hadn't had much football when the March international window came around. Which was the final nail in the coffin. Going on this seasons form Tomori hasn't been good enough along having no equity in the bank under Waistcoat it was an easy decision. He also handicapped Tomori by playing him at LB in his last game for England and didn't really give him a chance to play at CB properly.

As someone who watches Tomori every week his biggest flaw is that he's overly aggressive and goes chasing for the ball a bit too much when he really doesn't have to and ends up leaving gaps. Also being a small CB while he has a good leap he still gets caught out in the air.
I'm fully aware of his weaknesses(rossoneri here) but his few fukk ups comes short in comparison to Maguire's, pretty sure Southgate has also witnessed them in person.