Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Inter's current owner about to lose Inter because of an unpaid loan and has until midnight Luxembourg time to pay up otherwise Oaktree will take the team.

Suningg had like revenue of 100 billion last year I don't get how they don't have the bread

Daps
Gutted for Rashford but hope he uses this as an opportunity to rest and sort himself out for next season.

Cant believe he picked Shaw. Hopefully gets a suitor this summer.
Yeah i was shocked he picked Shaw,
When was the last time he played , i thought he was still injured

Not shocked he didnt pick Rashford, he doesnt deserve to be in the squad at the moment with the season he has had

Glad he is starting to pick players on merit instead of his favourites like Henderson

Pleased Jones got in the provisional

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Gutted for Rashford but hope he uses this as an opportunity to rest and sort himself out for next season.

Cant believe he picked Shaw. Hopefully gets a suitor this summer.

Shaw is this era's Darren Anderton and you're old enough to know what I'm on about. Be injured for majority of the season but be fit for the summer tournament.

If you look at England's back 4 and the so called strongest its all about club partnerships. Walker/Stones and Maguire/Shaw.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Yeah i was shocked he picked Shaw,
When was the last time he played , i thought he was still injured

Not shocked he didnt pick Rashford, he doesnt deserve to be in the squad at the moment with the season he has had

Glad he is starting to pick players on merit instead of his favourites like Henderson

Pleased Jones got in the provisional
He's still not using merit. He said he didnt pick Henderson because of an injury he has.
From a man utd perspective, I'm happy Rashford is not going. But from his perspective I'm gutted for him because I can imagine how gutted he will be. Like you said he didnt deserve it.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Shaw is this era's Darren Anderton and you're old enough to know what I'm on about. Be injured for majority of the season but be fit for the summer tournament.

If you look at England's back 4 and the so called strongest its all about club partnerships. Walker/Stones and Maguire/Shaw.
Also the general lack of left footed options for England.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Also the general lack of left footed options for England.

Of course. Mitchell is very unlucky not to make the list. Not really looking forward to Trippier playing at LB hes looked washed defensively this season. I don't have an issue with Gomez he covers 4 roles and it still looks bare that left side. Shame Colwill got injured. So you can see why Grealish was picked due to his defensive workrate along with Gordon.

With defenders like Walker (plays RCB in a 3) Konsa Gomez who can play FB/CB and Shaw who we've seen play CB at Yanited. I think Waistcoat might be thinking about how Arsenal/Citeh play. Attacking 3241 defend in a 442.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's still not using merit. He said he didnt pick Henderson because of an injury he has.
From a man utd perspective, I'm happy Rashford is not going. But from his perspective I'm gutted for him because I can imagine how gutted he will be. Like you said he didnt deserve it.
Neither does Grealish, but he is still in the team. Sterling doesn't deserve it on merit either, but we have seen sterling in an England shirt is a different beast.

Defence is ass cheeks too.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Kroos retiring from football after euro :meh:

can't believe i'm finally old enough where several players younger than me are retiring. i got Kroos by a few months. Hazrad retired too.

must admit, didn't start seeing how elite he was until Madrid 3peat.

don't know if any of Madrid's other young midfielders have his and Modric's quality, but Camavinga's game against Cadiz, gave me a little hope where he was the sole dm but was building up plays and passed between the line like Kroos

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
vb0k68tzmr1d1.jpeg

The gradual increase. :ehh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Neither does Grealish, but he is still in the team. Sterling doesn't deserve it on merit either, but we have seen sterling in an England shirt is a different beast.

Defence is ass cheeks too.

Sterling had a good 2-3 years after Russia and it peaked with Euro 21. Sterling hasn't been consistently good probably since those Euros if we keeping it reality

Grealish might be the best defensively out of all the wide attackers. And with the LB position is looking shaky you need an attacker to be able to defend especially in the last third of the match. Unless you want Bellingham doing his Real Madrid role defending from the left flank?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Kroos retiring from football after euro :meh:

can't believe i'm finally old enough where several players younger than me are retiring. i got Kroos by a few months. Hazrad retired too.

must admit, didn't start seeing how elite he was until Madrid 3peat.

don't know if any of Madrid's other young midfielders have his and Modric's quality, but Camavinga's game against Cadiz, gave me a little hope where he was the sole dm but was building up plays and passed between the line like Kroos

Tchouamanei is probably the one they see being Kroos replacement within the squad. Camavinga is similar to Jude and to an extent Valverde where they can do every role in midfield but their best is going forward.

Camavinga is bit like Declan Rice playing the 6 but doesn't allow them to be the best version which is the driving b2b player unless they have the sitter alongside them.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sterling had a good 2-3 years after Russia and it peaked with Euro 21. Sterling hasn't been consistently good probably since those Euros if we keeping it reality

Grealish might be the best defensively out of all the wide attackers. And with the LB position is looking shaky you need an attacker to be able to defend especially in the last third of the match. Unless you want Bellingham doing his Real Madrid role defending from the left flank?
I think Grealish's defense is overrated. Was good when he was the media darling but haven't see it recently. If that's the reason he was picked it just means England are going to get exploited on the left.