Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
You mean the bad Bayern team that Arsenal couldn't beat in 180 minutes of game time... :mjlol:

They aren't the same Bayern that's for sure... which makes that result even more embarrassing.

answer me this .. why do the eufa coefficients use 5 rather than one year?

serious question and seriously interested in your answer.

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-18-59-14.png

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
Next season will be interesting. Clear holes that I’m not sure we spend the money to fix. CM, another winger or two, striker, proper RB to spell White. A lot of things to do

We bought havertz and somehow still need a cm and a striker 🤔

We got timber back so that solves rb/lb a little…but how many defenders are we gonna buy?

We definitely need a winger though…we also need to decide if ESR and Viera are good enough (they are)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
serious question and seriously interested in your answer

Seeding purposes like in tennis. And like in tennis there's also a YEARLY number.. which we are talking about now. Nobody would ever say "this tennis player won 3 out of 4 slams but let's wait 5 years to say whether they are legit or not.."

You quoted me about Leverkusen. I didn't say they were great over 5 years and should be seeded in a certain position. I said they have a case for this year only as being the top team because of what they've proven SO FAR on the pitch...

You from England?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
isolated cup competitions are not a sign of "who is best". because chance plays a bigger role.

doesn't every football fan know this?

even eufa coefficients are based on what .. 5 years of data :ufdup: not one. it's right there in front of your eyes e-grow.

beating a bad bayern and "dortmund" in the league:mjlol:
U right about the cup competition, i would say 70% of the teams that win the champions are not the best the team from top to bottom, shyt they are not even the best team on the final lol . i can recall like 10 finals that the worse team on paper won

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
U right about the cup competition, i would say 70% of the teams that win the champions are not the best the team from top to bottom, shyt they are not even the best team on the final lol . i can recall like 10 finals that the worse team on paper won

If that's how you feel then why watch? Also, nobody really agrees with this considering the clubs all go 100% all out in UCL competition... can't say the same for the EFL Cup which teams obviously half ass and yet some in here celebrate that like they won the whole league :mjgrin:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
If that's how you feel then why watch? Also, nobody really agrees with this considering the clubs all go 100% all out in UCL competition... can't say the same for the EFL Cup which teams obviously half ass and yet some in here celebrate that like they won the whole league :mjgrin:
Am just going of memory,most UCL finals I remember vividly alot of those teams were not the best. Few modern examples, Chelsea in 2012,Liverpool in 05,Madrid in 14 and 22. Mou's porto was not the best team in Europe in 03 04..that was probably Milan or juve maybe madrid.. shyt that 97 Madrid team was not better than juve either and they won. Probably even dortmund wasn't better than juve in 96 I think lol

I could keep going...same with domestic cups,man united or Chelsea may win it and nobody sane enough will say those two are near the best in england

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
...same with domestic cups

No, it's not the same. At all. Not even a little bit. Clubs half ass domestic cups all the time because they have priorities and the main objective is to win the league and the UCL.

You and @null are trying to eliminate UCL from what it really means.... The final will be one of the most watched sporting events of the entire year... it always is... and it's played 1000% serious..

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Late as fukk but watching Carletto park the bus without a shame in the world and basically just hoping for the best to get rid of Pep's bytch ass was priceless :ohlawd:

Very similar to Mou's Inter at Camp Nou more than a decade ago :wow:

Bellingham continues to be:scust: the kid better wake the fukk up. This is Madrid you playing for :ufdup:

Like @Liu Kang said, it was hilarious to see KDB, Rodri and Bernardo refuse to shoot from outside the box when they had plenty of good looks AND those were the things that gave them the tie at Bernabéu this AND last year :dead:

I don't think any of the 4 remaining teams is scary. Anyone could win the whole thing. But the fact Madrid is once again un semis without a proper 9/goal scorer, nor their starting GK and CB is :wow:

Carletto da gawd :bow: