Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Hala United

ca.png

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Late as fukk but watching Carletto park the bus without a shame in the world and basically just hoping for the best to get rid of Pep's bytch ass was priceless :ohlawd:

Very similar to Mou's Inter at Camp Nou more than a decade ago :wow:

Bellingham continues to be:scust: the kid better wake the fukk up. This is Madrid you playing for :ufdup:

Like @Liu Kang said, it was hilarious to see KDB, Rodri and Bernardo refuse to shoot from outside the box when they had plenty of good looks AND those were the things that gave them the tie at Bernabéu this AND last year :dead:

I don't think any of the 4 remaining teams is scary. Anyone could win the whole thing. But the fact Madrid is once again un semis without a proper 9/goal scorer, nor their starting GK and CB is :wow:

Carletto da gawd :bow:
thats what i was saying watching that game.
Havent seen useless pressure like this since that game.
The Madrid team rarely panicked.
Carlo new there was no other way to go trough

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
An actual alternative to Saka needs to be bought ASAP.
I could see what kinda game it was for him yesterday at points it looked like he could barely run.

In my head with around 25 mins or so left I found myself wanting Reiss to come on, he's not ideal but we just needed some type of outlet and pace to get out and up the field.

Partey is toast so we need another DM. You can see the tiredness finally start to creep in for Rice.

Arteta can't keep running these guys into the ground eventually it will take its toll.

It looks like we have decent numbers squad wise but there are at least 6 of them that Arteta doesn't count on at all.
Really need to move those guys on this summer and actually get squad players that he believes can contribute, cause what the hell are we paying those guys for?

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
An actually alternative to Saka needs to be bought ASAP.
I could see what kinda game it was for him yesterday at points it looked like he could barely run.

In my head with around 25 mins or so left I found myself wanting Reiss to come on, he's not ideal but we just needed some type of outlet and pace to get out and up the field.

Partey is toast so we need another DM. You can see the tiredness finally start to creep in for Rice.

Arteta can't keep running these guys into the ground eventually it will take its toll.

It looks like we have decent numbers squad wise but there are at least 6 of them that Arteta doesn't count on at all.
Really need to move those guys on this summer and actually get squad players that he believes can contribute, cause what the hell are we paying those guys for?

If Arsenal are serious about wanting to win the league, we need to make about 6 signings this summer; A backup CB, a DM, a CM, a left footed RW & two strikers (Nketiah needs to go).

If Arteta doesn't learn to rotate, it'll be our undoing every season because the players will always burn out and pick up injuries. Can't compete on all fronts with a squad that's only 15 players deep.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
If Arsenal are serious about wanting to win the league, we need to make about 6 signings this summer; A backup CB, a DM, a CM, a left footed RW & two strikers (Nketiah needs to go).

If Arteta doesn't learn to rotate, it'll be our undoing every season because the players will always burn out and pick up injuries. Can't compete on all fronts with a squad that's only 15 players deep.

6 players seems like a lot, but with all the players we have to ship out and make money from it's 100% possible.
He's just gotta be super ruthless in the summer

ESR
Reiss
Eddie
Viera
Partey
Elneny
Cedric

Outside of a few games these guys have had little to no impact on our season.
You can't have that many players that you barely use just sitting around collecting a wage.
That's a lot of resource that could have been used elsewhere on players that can actually contribute.

Ramsdale is likely gone as well so need a decent backup GK.

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
6 players seems like a lot, but with all the players we have to ship out and make money from it's 100% possible.
He's just gotta be super ruthless in the summer

ESR
Reiss
Eddie
Viera
Partey
Elneny
Cedric

Outside of a few games these guys have had little to no impact on our season.
You can't have that many players that your barely use just sitting around collecting a wage.
That's a lot of resource that could have been used elsewhere on players that can actually contribute.

Ramsdale is likely gone as well so need a decent backup GK.

I just remembered that we still have Nuno Tavares and Sambi Lokonga on the books too :mjlol:

If we let sold everyone listed, there should be no excuse about not having the funds to bring in players. I think we keep Vieira and Reiss though.

Also, we've got Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly, Norton Cuffy, Walters & Patino and Biereth in the U23's and they're ready to step up and start getting some senior minutes. If we don't start utilizing our academy, we're gonna end up like Chelsea, Utd and Spurs constantly needing to build in the transfer market. Liverpool and City have managed to extend the lifespan of their dominance by having talent that they bring through (or sell so they can immediately reinvest).

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean the bad Bayern team that Arsenal couldn't beat in 180 minutes of game time... :mjlol:

They aren't the same Bayern that's for sure... which makes that result even more embarrassing.

There's nothing embarrassing about this result. We lost in the QF. Every single season, teams who are 2nd, 1st, 3rd in their league losses in the Quarters, semis, round of 16.

What exactly was embarrassing about their performance.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just remembered that we still have Nuno Tavares and Sambi Lokonga on the books too :mjlol:

If we let sold everyone listed, there should be no excuse about not having the funds to bring in players. I think we keep Vieira and Reiss though.

Also, we've got Nwaneri, Lewis-Skelly, Norton Cuffy, Walters & Patino and Biereth in the U23's and they're ready to step up and start getting some senior minutes. If we don't start utilizing our academy, we're gonna end up like Chelsea, Utd and Spurs constantly needing to build in the transfer market. Liverpool and City have managed to extend the lifespan of their dominance by having talent that they bring through (or sell so they can immediately reinvest).

What's our Homegrown player situation looking like. Cause that impacts every team. It's the only reason why guys like Eddie and Reiss hang around for so long

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We bought havertz and somehow still need a cm and a striker 🤔

We got timber back so that solves rb/lb a little…but how many defenders are we gonna buy?

We definitely need a winger though…we also need to decide if ESR and Viera are good enough (they are)
With ESR and Viera, they just can't stay fit enough, for the coaches to know what they can do. Need to sell 1 if not both. We need someone to really challenge Odergaad

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
There's nothing embarrassing about this result. We lost in the QF. Every single season, teams who are 2nd, 1st, 3rd in their league losses in the Quarters, semis, round of 16.

Don’t let facts get in the way of Troll Football opinions.

Brain rot is spreading everywhere.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
What's our Homegrown player situation looking like. Cause that impacts every team. It's the only reason why guys like Eddie and Reiss hang around for so long

We've got several youngsters we could bring through so our homegrown quota is fine. I rate Reiss and I want him to get more playing time but Eddie needs to go. He's just not the levels we need to compete on all fronts.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Act like 3 of the last 5 champions haven't been from the EPL brehs
thank god that blip is over now :ohlawd::whew:
no more Klopp
city getting less talented
arsenal squad is meh

once barca sell ding dong and get a proper dm, they'll be back to cooking
Madrid will cook with Mbappe
Psg will have Simmons back and will go for Guimaraes
Bayern will retool

football world order will be restored again. back to the talented midfield players instead of PL marathon runners :blessed:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

This is far different than what you were saying last season when PSG went out early.... interesting that some of you don't have the same energy now :ehh: