Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Crazy to think about when Mexicans live and breathe soccer and until 2006ish soccer was viewed as a girls sport in America.

GJiG6O7WoAA1cmy

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
He's not a winger. He should be in the midfield with Jude and Declan.

I don't know what's worse; starting Foden on the wing or Walker at RB ahead of White/Trent/Reece.

Ehhh, for international tournaments you want a bit more solidity in the back. Reece is always injured so remove him from the list. I’d say push Trent into MF, but with Jude, Rice and Foden in a midfield three, Trent is the odd man out/first off the bench.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Foden has never been good for England

Who is actually good for England? How far shall I go back? To 1990?

Saka is about it for consistency and Stones when he's match fit.

Slabhead was tournament decent up until he lost his place at Yanited and been subpar since. Sterling had a good 2-3 year spell. Kane flat tracks. Kalvin Philips had a hot summer.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's not a winger. He should be in the midfield with Jude and Declan.

I don't know what's worse; starting Foden on the wing or Walker at RB ahead of White/Trent/Reece.

Personally cannot wait for Kane to phuck off and retire. Flat track bully if we keeping it reality. All but 1 of his big England goals are pens. :scust: : I want my striker to play as a phucking striker not thinking he's Tom Brady trying to play QB on the halfway line.

Outside the box thinking. I play Foden as the false 9 and have Belligol as the hybrid 8/10. With Kane basically being a false 9 anyway it's not really a drastic change.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Ehhh, for international tournaments you want a bit more solidity in the back. Reece is always injured so remove him from the list. I’d say push Trent into MF, but with Jude, Rice and Foden in a midfield three, Trent is the odd man out/first off the bench.

Walker offers absolutely nothing going forward. In fact he's worse in the final third than Trent is at defending. England don't have enough creative players to employ a failsafe at right back. I guarantee England wouldn't look like they play with the hand brake on if they had a real attacking fullback like all of the top international teams do.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Walker offers absolutely nothing going forward. In fact he's worse in the final third than Trent is at defending. England don't have enough creative players to employ a failsafe at right back. I guarantee England wouldn't look like they play with the hand brake on if they had a real attacking fullback like all of the top international teams do.

Nah Waistcoat has had since 2016 to sort it out. The closest thing that came to hand break off was when he was playing the 2 free 8's in Dele and Lingard in Russia.

Walker is fine at RB because he plays next to Stones. Thats why even tho Maguire has physically assaulted Shaw at times for Yanited. I like the CB and FB's to have some sort of relationship/chemistry :dame: if you're going to play Maguire.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Who is actually good for England? How far shall I go back? To 1990?

Saka is about it for consistency and Stones when he's match fit.

Slabhead was tournament decent up until he lost his place at Yanited and been subpar since. Sterling had a good 2-3 year spell. Kane flat tracks. Kalvin Philips had a hot summer.
For the hype he gets Foden barely performs. People have him a nailed on starter where he shouldn't be and even Gareth has dropped a few times

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Englands biggest issue is Southgate. DD for France is not my fav either but his team was too good to let him ruin it. Imagine Wenger or some positive coach implementing a style that they stick to instead of this reactive BS. England should win something with this group they have

Belgium had a lot going forward but their midfield and back line weren’t the greatest honestly. England’s golden gen is stacked everywhere