Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
So they're going to derail Spurs and Arsenal's champions league push :blessed:

I remember when they beat Arsenal 3-2 at the DW, wot a game :heh:

Arsenal is the 2nd to last game of the season, they got Villa at home on the last day

Werent they 2-0 aswell with like 20mins to go. I know N'Zog was beastly on that day too

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I like him good defender, not a bad leader of the back line either

Agree but he was the poster boy of Rodgers's genius at Swansea. If he can make Ashley Williams play football he can make anyone.

Yup and that they are re-buildin. And people will point out well they didnt have Sturridge today. But you dont play that midfield that I pointed out vs WBA @ home and Henderson on the left wing, unless you have no other choice to.

The same problem that Swansea had last season, I know I keep on :deadhorse: the Swansea/Newcastle game last season where Cisse :troll: them sums up when Rodgers football doesnt work. Its just keepin the ball for the sake of doin it and that people can praise him and say well Rodgers teams play the right way.

Was that match @ Swansea iirc Newcastle had 3 chances or something and won?

Montez

Superstar
Daps
You sound furious pal. Everything ok at home?

rocketsoy0.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yeah he scored a beauty.

Good freekick at the weekend too. Thought Lambert didn't rate him but he's getting games now.

He has been a flop at Villa tbf, lack of interest, but then again he did have McLeish as manager for a year and Lambert is a task master and N'Zog isnt the only experience vIlla player whose gunna missing this year

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Agree but he was the poster boy of Rodgers's genius at Swansea. If he can make Ashley Williams play football he can make anyone.

Williams was just doin his job as any player playin at the highest level should be doin, which is making 5-10 yard passes no problems. Cannot see why Rodgers should be gettin credit for that especially in this day and age, where players have become more technically sound. Now if Rodgers had taken him from being a midfielder to a CB then yeah but all means give credit, but hes a CB in the 1st place his job is too defend.

Was that match @ Swansea iirc Newcastle had 3 chances or something and won?

Yup. Newcastle won 2-0 and Swansea had like 15-20 attempts at goal and over 70% of the possession

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just wondering : what's the difference between pace and speed ?
Because in footy games, they don't talk about speed but pace, why is that ?

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Just wondering : what's the difference between pace and speed ?
Because in footy games, they don't talk about speed but pace, why is that ?

It depends on what your talkin about. Theyre effectively the same thing but there is a subtle difference if your talkin about distance

Pace = time/distance e.g. minutes/mile
Speed = distance/time e.g miles/hour

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It depends on what your talkin about. Theyre effectively the same thing but there is a subtle difference if your talkin about distance

Pace = time/distance e.g. minutes/mile
Speed = distance/time e.g miles/hour
:stopitslime:

he clearly meant football speak. You know damn well the Jamie Redknapps, Andy Grays, Ray Parlours, Niall Quinns aint thinking about all that when they say that.