Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
If I was a betting man, I would bet on Arsenal drawing Bayern next round. With our CL History with them and off course Arry Kane. It's only right.

Was Arteta part off any off those team that got manhandled by Bayern?

He was on the team the year before that lost on away goals too. The lopsided ties Bayern happened after he left.

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Can someone explain to me why? Today’s aggregate would have be 0-0. With Arsenal winning 1-0 would we still have gone PK or would it have been Arsenal win?

It would still have gone penalties as no team scored away.

It may have potentially changed the way Porto approached this game though, knowing an away goal would have been huge and they probably win if they scored with away goals

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain to me why? Today’s aggregate would have be 0-0. With Arsenal winning 1-0 would we still have gone PK or would it have been
It would have been the same no one scored an away goal.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Win aside, our cup form worries me. We play completely differently than in the league and I can’t figure out why. Arteta since the FA Cup win has been horrible in tournaments. No hate just a observation :hubie:
I always felt we didn't travel overseas well for UEFA league games. For that reason I prefer City in the quarters.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It would have been the same no one scored an away goal.
So since away aggregate is 0-0 they go to overall aggregate? Which was 1-1. But if Arsenal scored two goals today would that mean they won or no matter what they scored it’s going to PKs?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I heard Rafa got sacked at Celta Vigo
These low/mid table Spanish teams are a thankless job
alonzo-mourning.gif