Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Bro, I asked a simple question. Who should Nelson get a run of games over? I am not even arguing. Just curious to see your perspective.

As far as tonight’s game, I can’t see who he should have played over.

The subs
Vieira - has been out for months with injury. He needs the minutes to get up to match fitness before the fixture congestion.

Jesus - See above. Major player for the team.

Partey - See above.

Cedric - He is a bum. But he plays a totally different position than Nelson. I would think it is more important to rest White than to get Nelson minutes in this case.

Trossard - could make an argument here I suppose.

What? There was like a solid run of games where Troussard had more assists than anyone in the PL last season. He can play anywhere effectively in the front three :heh:

FOH with that nonsense and I like Nelson. If anything he should prob go out on loan

Last edited:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
What? There was like a solid run of games were Troussard had more assists than anyone in the PL last season. He can play anywhere effectively in the front three :heh:

FOH with that nonsense and I like Nelson. If anything he should prob go out on loan
He’s saying yesterday. There was no reason to risk Trossard in that game. ESR and Reiss should have gotten minutes but I’m not sure why they aren’t

Daps
He’s saying yesterday. There was no reason to risk Trossard in that game. ESR and Reiss should have gotten minutes but I’m not sure why they aren’t
OK That's a fair argument. The ESR stuff is infuriating, kid looked like the next big thing and now can't even get burn at the club. We're not doing right by him by just letting him get cobwebs on the bench. Me and my friend just think Arteta doesn't want him there or something

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I don’t watch Bayern but can someone explain to me how Eric fukking Dier is there and is starting? Also why is Davies, Kim, Gnabry on the bench? I can understand Gnabry I guess behind Musiala and Sane
Dier is fukking garbage but it's injuries and somehow it turns out Dier and De Ligt are Bayerns best CB partnership. Kim appears to be a Korean fridge

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
What? There was like a solid run of games where Troussard had more assists than anyone in the PL last season. He can play anywhere effectively in the front three :heh:

You missed my point bro. Not saying Nelson is the better player or deserves to play over Trossard.

The post I was responding was asking why Nelson didn’t get a run in a game when we were 6-0 up. My response was that Nelson didn’t deserve to play ahead of any of the subs. But IF you wanted to make the argument that he should have played ahead of Trossard in a game that was over and to avoid any injury to the more important player, then I could see the point.

I think Mikel played the right subs. More important for Trossard to stay match fit versus giving Nelson some minutes.