Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
What sucks about this is Arsenal has clearly improved a lot since last year… yet a trophy of any kind is still in doubt. Liverpool will def take a step back next year, and City is getting older too, I hope we just stick with it

That shytty run of form around Christmas was key. Win against West Ham and Fulham and Arsenal are in 1st with a 4 point lead.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
Arsenal brehs...do you keep Jesus if this level of play continues without him?
Yes. Jesus brings something different to that position.

We look good now, but some fans get carried away with current form and become too dismissive of players that have had a big impact in the squad in the past (Jesus, in this case. Zinchenko is another current example).

Quality Depth can never hurt the team.

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
nikka it was 6-0. You telling me he couldn’t get a run in THIS match? Smh
Bro, I asked a simple question. Who should Nelson get a run of games over? I am not even arguing. Just curious to see your perspective.

As far as tonight’s game, I can’t see who he should have played over.

The subs
Vieira - has been out for months with injury. He needs the minutes to get up to match fitness before the fixture congestion.

Jesus - See above. Major player for the team.

Partey - See above.

Cedric - He is a bum. But he plays a totally different position than Nelson. I would think it is more important to rest White than to get Nelson minutes in this case.

Trossard - could make an argument here I suppose.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Bro, I asked a simple question. Who should Nelson get a run of games over? I am not even arguing. Just curious to see your perspective.

As far as tonight’s game, I can’t see who he should have played over.

The subs
Vieira - has been out for months with injury. He needs the minutes to get up to match fitness before the fixture congestion.

Jesus - See above. Major player for the team.

Partey - See above.

Cedric - He is a bum. But he plays a totally different position than Nelson. I would think it is more important to rest White than to get Nelson minutes in this case.

Trossard - could make an argument here I suppose.
I’m not trying to argue either but my whole question is, if Reiss can’t even get a kick in THIS type of game, why is he here? Could have come in over Tross or Vieira. Ode didn’t need to play a full 90 and Kai didn’t either. He could’ve come in for any of the front 4.

I don’t understand why we resigned him. He got more minutes last season it feels like

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I would have much rather ESR get minutes than Reiss TBH anyway.
He was the one I wanted to get on the field yesterday.