Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Conjiggle

Pro
Daps
OK That's a fair argument. The ESR stuff is infuriating, kid looked like the next big thing and now can't even get burn at the club. We're not doing right by him by just letting him get cobwebs on the bench. Me and my friend just think Arteta doesn't want him there or something
Who should he play ahead of?

I like ESR too but I don’t think the argument that Mikel has a personal issue with him is valid at all.

ESR has been injured and when fit he is competing with Martinelli and Trossard on the left and with Havertz, Rice (when Jorginho plays in the 6), and Trossard for the left 8 position.

He doesn’t bench any of them at the moment on current form.

Daps
Who should he play ahead of?

I like ESR too but I don’t think the argument that Mikel has a personal issue with him is valid at all.

ESR has been injured and when fit he is competing with Martinelli and Trossard on the left and with Havertz, Rice (when Jorginho plays in the 6), and Trossard for the left 8 position.

He doesn’t bench any of them at the moment on current form.

I mean in a game like that yesterday??? You put him out there. We've had a few games like that now where he should get burn. Any of your guys like that should get burn when were just cooking people

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Lazio fans in Germany.:francis:

edit: Alonso will go to Bayern, they'll buy a couple of top Bundesliga players, win the league next year, get knocked out in the CL and German cup, he'll be fired, and end up managing Real Sociedad, all within 14 months.

:mjlol:

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

I don't get it.

Is there a law in Germany that Bayern get whoever they want from their competitors?

Why leave Leverkusen where you are now a legend to give more titles to the team who always win. Wouldn't be better to make a legacy at Leverkusen or leave for a bigger club in Europe

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get it.

Is there a law in Germany that Bayern get whoever they want from their competitors?

Why leave Leverkusen where you are now a legend to give more titles to the team who always win. Wouldn't be better to make a legacy at Leverkusen or leave for a bigger club in Europe

I'm guessing it is similar to players who leave for bigger clubs, I assume bigger clubs pay managers substantially more money.

There's probably a romanticism about succeeding at a place like Bayern or Liverpool. Even if you're just the next dude in line

Also if it doesn't work out at Bayern or Liverpool you can always get a "Leverkusen" type job down the line, no offense to Leverkusen.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I don't get it.

Tbf, Alonso also has a playing connection to Bayern.