Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Every Brazilian attacker in that game is overrated as fukk. And the fullbacks are ridiculous too, you can't get past Marcelo or Dani Alves, if you do they catch up to you inevitably.

It's just a shame they are all a bit shyt in real life, being coddled by nike and made into goofy Brazilian caricatures. That c*nt Neymar has done more in a studio in front of a camera than he has on the pitch. Hulk's good season came under AVB, and has been anonymous since so that sums him up. Pato never consistent.

Haven't seen Lucas play yet, but the hype is already staggering.
My boy showed me the stats and the slowest cat was Oscar with 79 in pace :wow:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Porto looked out Porto and were :manny: @ Hulk's career. Same shyt with Witsel(and Benfica). Never understood why Hulk signed a new contract at Porto after that great season under AVB. Luckily for Falcao Atletico Madrid is going through financial problems and is always looking to sell.

Wanting to repay Porto's faith? :heh: Porto sold him to highest bidder regardless :mjpls:

More $$$ in a transfer fee or his agents. Agent probably told him and he did it.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Porto looked out Porto and were :manny: @ Hulk's career. Same shyt with Witsel(and Benfica). Never understood why Hulk signed a new contract at Porto after that great season under AVB. Luckily for Falcao Atletico Madrid is going through financial problems and is always looking to sell.

Wanting to repay Porto's faith? :heh: Porto sold him to highest bidder regardless :mjpls:
Talking about Porto.
Can somebody explain me how this team always come with crazy players ? I hope their scouts are highly paid because if not :ufdup:

FC Porto - The Transfer Kings

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:
:whew:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ya right, but back in the day, we had strikers, now we don't have a proper 9, that's all. It's been while since the Ligue 1's top scorer was french.

As for 9's, well we have Gomis (who I personally like) but I'm not sure he can be world class. We also have Gignac (Marseille) who can truly be deadly upfront but dude is too lazy and loves food way too much (a kind of food Gascoigne). Rémy could have helped but he's not clinical AT ALL and he's now in QPR.
There were also Hoarau (ex-PSG) but he's now in China and lost confidence.
Gameiro could have been crazy but he should play more for PSG to be noticed for the NT. He's a true "fox in the box" (PES slang) and has great speed. He just need time to play and get his confidence back.

We'll maybe have Alessandrini soon who was really shining in the first half of Ligue 1, scoring incredible goals à la Papin. He has just been noticed by Deschamps so maybe in the future.
Alessandrini Romain® ★2012/2013★ Compilation de buts - YouTube

And we have good prospects (Cabella, Ben Yedder, Lacazette, Niang...) but at the moment we only have Giroud as a true 9.

The times when we were dominating leagues in scoring is over : in 2002, we had Trezeguet (Serie A), Henry (EPL) and Cissé (Division 1). And we didn't even passed the rounds at the WC in Korea.
Now we don't have "anybody", that's life.
:yeshrug:

:sadcam:
Why you gotta do us like that...
:to: :to:

:whoa: Its an old sayin but made famous/connected to Wenger about Fanny Jeffers when he signed him.

Well tbh, France have had problems scorin goals over the past 4-6 years, its just now with the vets no longer there and the generation after them being frauds it jsut looks really bad now once you look at it more closer.

Gameiro should of come to England when he had the chance to, instead of join PSG. Ligue 1 is a good league for developin players because it has that nice balance of technique and physical football but in all honesty if you consider yourself a top player and want to go that next level you shouldnt still be playin in the Ligue 1 past 24-25 y/o

As for Way2Niang its gunna take a couple of years to see if hes gunna be a #9 . He looks better as a winger for now.

After Papin fell off, it did take France a while to find themselves a good striker or 2 to score goals (Guivarch is remembered for not scorin a single goal in 98), because I remember Djorkaeff being the main scource of goals between the time of Houlliers failures and when Henry & Trez finally came into their own at the end of the 90's start of the 00's.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Talking about Porto.
Can somebody explain me how this team always come with crazy players ? I hope their scouts are highly paid because if not :ufdup:

Them and Udinese have the best international scoutin networks, while Sporting have the best inside Portugal. Plus because they have the obvious advantage of location and language its easier for South American players and less pressure to adapt than if they went straight to SPLa Liga.

Also Portos chairman/president is a c*nt to do business with, makes Daniel Levy look like a novice when it comes to sellin players

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
:whoa: Its an old sayin but made famous/connected to Wenger about Fanny Jeffers when he signed him.

Well tbh, France have had problems scorin goals over the past 4-6 years, its just now with the vets no longer there and the generation after them being frauds it jsut looks really bad now once you look at it more closer.

Gameiro should of come to England when he had the chance to, instead of join PSG. Ligue 1 is a good league for developin players because it has that nice balance of technique and physical football but in all honesty if you consider yourself a top player and want to go that next level you shouldnt still be playin in the Ligue 1 past 24-25 y/o

As for Way2Niang its gunna take a couple of years to see if hes gunna be a #9 . He looks better as a winger for now.

After Papin fell off, it did take France a while to find themselves a good striker or 2 to score goals (Guivarch is remembered for not scorin a single goal in 98), because I remember Djorkaeff being the main scource of goals between the time of Houlliers failures and when Henry & Trez finally came into their own at the end of the 90's start of the 00's.
I think nobody in Europe bring up young players like France(except maybe Spain now). They have so much talent so it is weird the way they have underperformed since their swan song in that '06 WC.

lauren Blanc was right when he wanted to change the way they bring up players, he just went about it wrong way with the whole quota shyt.

I used to think Gomis was going to be a beast but :snoop:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Andy Goram said:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think nobody in Europe bring up young players like France(except maybe Spain now). They have so much talent so it is weird the way they have underperformed since their swan song in that '06 WC.

lauren Blanc was right when he wanted to change the way they bring up players, he just went about it wrong way with the whole quota shyt.

I used to think Gomis was going to be a beast but :snoop:

Well France did start the ball rollin with whole national academy thing back in the late 80's and it does take about 10-15 years for proper results to come about.

What did Blanc want to do?

Gomis is Gomis, always felt he lacked the technique to make it at the very top

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Talking about Porto.

They do have strong scouting networks set up in South America, but looking at those transfers only 6 were actually bought outside of Portugal, not all from South America either.

The rest I doubt took any sort of extensive scouting as they were homegrown or bought from smaller Portuguese clubs by my wiki searching.

Like Kunty said they are ball breakers in the transfer market and it helps that they've had the same board for like 30+ years or some shyt.

And that continuation is what I think provides stability (obviously) + success. Looking at their manager history, managers rarely ever stay for 3+ seasons.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Well France did start the ball rollin with whole national academy thing back in the late 80's and it does take about 10-15 years for proper results to come about.

What did Blanc want to do?

Gomis is Gomis, always felt he lacked the technique to make it at the very top

he wanted to put more focus on technique rather than athleticism.

But he went about it the wrong way and supported this quota where there would be a cap on a amount of black and arab kids(new trainees) at every academy.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

But he went about it the wrong way and supported this quota where there would be a cap on a amount of black and arab kids(new trainees) at every academy.

I remember now. Le Pen must of been :smugfavre: when he heard that

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wasn't his reasoning that they've lost too many youth players to other countries? That was bullshyt though, everyone good enough to play for France opted for France. Only guy who comes to mind who hasn't is Belhanda.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's arrived :wow:

72993_502301009828599_1921484412_n.jpg

580698_502408263151207_529973521_n.jpg