Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I was blaming Sir Alex for an unrelated event in a rawk manner. Throw it in the bushes.

Well the WAY I would of done it in a RAWK like manner was.

As the accident happened in DC I would of blamed the government, so the usual suspects of the CIA, Frush, NSA, DEA, Horsey, DHS, DCPD, FBI, MIB, Guru ATF etc etc

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
As the accident happened in DC I would of blamed the government, so the usual suspects of the CIA, Frush, NSA, DEA, Horsey, DHS, DCPD, FBI, MIB, Guru ATF etc etc
:odawg:

altho my crime syndicate does not reach Northern Virginia (where the accident happened). Virginia :whoa:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Well the WAY I would of done it in a RAWK like manner was.

Blaming Frush is legitimate. He does talk a lot about drinking, thus influencing the driver and passengers in the incident. I see it coming together. :ohhh:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
So close Bastia fockkkk

Crystal Palace equalize......these games during Nemo :blessed:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I was salty as fukk when Davies scored that goal at the Azteca and that stupid lil dance of his :upsetfavre:. In a way I was :obama: when he had that car accident :manny:

Yall still have Mrs JoJo :heh:

You were just begging to be negged, weren't you?
:ufdup:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
World Cup Skulduggery

On Nov. 10, during a break in training for Sunday's U.S.-El Salvador World Cup qualifier, U.S. captain John Harkes returned to his hotel room in Providence and listened with mounting anger to a message that had been left on his phone. As Harkes, a midfielder, later reconstructed it, the man said, in part, "Mr. Harkes, I'm contacting you because I represent El Salvador. You're experienced. You understand what this game means. If you have any interest at all, please call me back." He didn't identify himself. In another hotel room U.S. forward Roy Wegerle received a similarly suggestive message. Harkes and Wegerle had little doubt about what the caller or callers wanted to discuss: throwing the game for money.

This sort of intrigue is nothing new to international soccer, and perhaps it should have been expected after the U.S.'s victory over Canada on Nov. 9. For the first time the Americans had qualified for the World Cup with a game to spare. Meanwhile El Salvador's hopes of making it to France next summer rested on beating the U.S.

Harkes and Wegerle told U.S. coach Steve Sampson about the calls. Sampson responded by engaging in some defensive maneuvering. In addition to giving the American players code names and telling the hotel operator not to put through callers who didn't use them, Sampson—code name Smitty—talked to his players at a Nov. 11 practice. "Please understand the ramifications of any action that you take based on these calls." he told them. "You could lose your international career, and it could be an enormous black eye to the federation. Don't take any risks."

Harkes and Sampson reported the contacts to U.S. Soccer, which monitored the situation but took no action. Then, proving they'd been listening to Smitty, the Americans went out on Sunday and scored the first three goals against El Salvador on the way to a convincing 4-2 victory. El Salvador closed its locker room after the game; the country's soccer federation could not be reached for comment.

"This has never happened to me before," Harkes (code name Ian) said after the game, "but I guess it happens all over the soccer world. People talk about it all the time." U.S forward Eric Wynalda explained, "A game of this magnitude meant millions and millions of dollars to a little country in Central America. And people will do strange things when money's involved."

1997! Millions of dollars! Our lads are too proud for that fukking third-world nonsense

and grant wahl dug this up, amid news the usa 2 el salvador 1 friendly in 2010 (camp cupcake) was fixed as well. not score wise but "specific sequences of play" from el sal

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Argentine league just started today, union vs arsenal gotta love the fukkery :blessed: lights out at half-time, fight and a red card :blessed:

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them and Udinese have the best international scoutin networks, while Sporting have the best inside Portugal. Plus because they have the obvious advantage of location and language its easier for South American players and less pressure to adapt than if they went straight to SPLa Liga.

Also Portos chairman/president is a c*nt to do business with, makes Daniel Levy look like a novice when it comes to sellin players
All true, they also don't have the same work permit restrictions so it's much easier to get talented non EU players without jumping through hoops.

I'm sure that the top english clubs are up on the Brazilian/Argentinian talent but sometimes these kids would prefer to go and develop being settled in Portugal than signing for an English team and being loaned out to whichever teams the parent club decides.

ThaPrez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did not know Benzema's scoring record is so poor for France. smh.

Giroud hasn't scored enough for them either... but Benzema.. damn.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
IP Banned from Bigsoccer.

Make another account, hidden behind proxy, no way they'd know it's me.

Make a serious post about Shea and why it's ok to hype American players without being fakkits and apologizing about it. (well, without the insults)

Get banned again.

Switch to Tottenham Forums: Troll about Dempsey being better than everyone else and straight up insulting Bale, Defoe, Lennon for months. Calling out and insulting mods. Make epic troll thread about all the hate against Dempsey. Have a massive amount of +rep.

#yoyonemowatch