Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't even support Arsenal so why is it that I'm feeling SAD for them?

@ThrobbingHood
@jj23
@ciubaca
@Regular Developer
@Givethanks
@Rottweiler
@MVike28

6g5xo1.png
beenie-man-ok.gif

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I’m a cynical fan, been following this team for over a decade. I don’t know if Arteta deserves props for making this team title challengers or criticism for bottling matches so often. Unlike most fans, I don’t believe this team was ever good enough individually, especially in midfield and forward wise. Saka and Martinelli and Odegaard all hit purple patches at the same time, Xhaka finally looked decent. But they to me were never as good as their form suggested. They are now reverting to the mean

This team needs better players in key positions. If we can keep this core, for their primes I’m still hopeful, but I’ve seen better sides from a skill standpoint than this one. Havertz is shyt, we need actual fullbacks now, and a striker. The center partnership is stellar. Saka is young and very good. Rice is a great piece, but the midfield for me is not dynamic enough! I remember people trying to tell me Ode is better than Fabregas :mjlol:

Cesc would look like Messi in this team