Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
But you had no problem paying Bebe's agent 3.5m right?

Yeah, it has to be the money. Why would a player choose the European Champions over the Charity Shield winners? Why would a player want to live in London when he can live in Manchester? :comeon:

Jorge Mendes is part of the family. A trustee. Hazards agent is some no mark pimping out his client for a pay day.

And you can spout as much as that nonsense as you like, we both know no one is choosing to go to Chelsea over United without massive financial persuasion. Simple fact.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jorge Mendes is part of the family. A trustee. Hazards agent is some no mark pimping out his client for a pay day.

Eh?

Police in Portugal are planning to question Manchester United about the club's €9m (£7.2m) signing of the striker Bébé from the Portuguese club Vitória Guimarães, as part of their criminal investigation into the deal.

The judicial police national unit for combating corruption, part of the Justice Ministry based in Lisbon, is investigating the 11 August 2010 transfer, by which United paid that fee for a player whose only competitive experience was a single season in the Portuguese third division.

Bébé's agent, appointed days before he moved to United, was Jorge Mendes, also agent to Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson, who moved from Portuguese clubs to Old Trafford in previous seasons. Of the €9m United paid to Vitória for Bébé, Mendes was paid 40%, €3.6m (£2.89m). It was reported in Vitória's subsequent general meeting that Mendes's €3.6m comprised a 10% agent's commission, €900,000, and the further €2.7m because Mendes had also just acquired 30% of Bébé's "economic rights", part-ownership of the player.

And you can spout as much as that nonsense as you like, we both know no one is choosing to go to Chelsea over United without massive financial persuasion. Simple fact.

:umad:

Eden hazard ‏@hazardeden10
I'm signing for the champion's league winner.

No mention of money there.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
do they have the word 'dominant' in america? I'm seeing 'dominate' used as an adjective a lot on here :leon:

we do, you have to understand that a lot of the posters on this board didnt finish HS and were conceived in the crack era.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Yoyoyo, Grant Wahl expecting a US victory over us?

Grant Wahl is a boring fukking retard, but a good writer with access. Impartial, extremely boring, extremely negative, extremely "American journo".

Never makes any predictions, never has an opinion, that's why I'm done with him except for stories/interviews.

The problem with American soccer writing is that you never get the sense anyone actually cares. The bigger names at least. They might as well be covering Phoenix vs Philadelphia or something.

I'm
expecting a win over you.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
about hulk , I remember Sulzeer pocketing him at the Emirates. Sulzeer was about 35 and 400 lbs.