Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
idk.... i think Ange was kind of exposed yesterday.
He cant adapt, his team can only play one way
You cant be down to 9 and play like that. it's suicide
Even Chelsea will score 2-3 goals
Jackson scored a hattrick for Gods sake

How many process/possession philosophy coaches actually do adapt tho? If you listen their post match comments they generally put more emphasis on performance over the actual result.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Apparently he fukked up in that Championship game too and he's been rewarded with the big Prem game of the weekend. They're setting us up yet again.

You all saw last night just how much an opposition player has to do to get sent off against Chelsea. Both Udogie and Romero should have been off before they finally given red cards. That shyt isn't a coincidence.

The more the happens the more I'm actually turning away from conspiracy shyt. These clowns are actually just incompetent. There's NO way, the PL can't afford to outfit touchlines with cameras and there's no way reviews should have to take that long.

Make the VAR refs completely different from the PGMOL ones and call it a day. The fact that someone can be demoted, have a howler in that match and then still come up and referee a match with potential title implications is madness. Literally the officiating in MLS is better an more consistent.

Every other pro sport has video review figured out but this one. I don't get it.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Every other pro sport has video review figured out but this one. I don't get it.

Not true. Seen issues in the NFL, NBA the Rugby World Cup etc

The problem is every official/referee/umpire etc.. all interpret the rules and laws differently and this is why we get the inconsistency from them and the review system.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Of course Garnacho isn't being charged over the ape emojis. I'm sure you guys are really upset about this.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Not true. Seen issues in the NFL, NBA the Rugby World Cup etc

The problem is every official/referee/umpire etc.. all interpret the rules and laws differently and this is why we get the inconsistency from them and the review system.

The issues in the NFL and NBA are nowhere near the level we've seen in the PL this season. I'm not talking about a margin of error here (which is what comes with dealing with HUMANS). But the checks are quick and often correct. Again, even if the call is unpopular, making the call quickly often mitigates negativity. This is why challenges in the NFL are limited.

There's always gonna be controversial calls. But they shouldn't take 4-5 minutes to figure out or the rules need to be clarified. Again, much of this would be fixed if the PL invested in the technology that every other sport has. Literally every INCH of an NFL field is covered by a camera. The past men's and women's World Cup showed VAR can be implemented for the touchline as well.

There's really no excuse for some of the fukkery we've seen this season.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Ok. Big fukking double standard. @Yayo Toure

Big double standard.

Mendy defended Bernardo too.

Doesn't matter, they don't actually care about racism or actual financial fair play. All about point scoring and keeping who they want to keep down.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Ok. Big fukking double standard. @Yayo Toure

Big double standard.

Maybe because a "gorilla emoji" (or two) cannot be said 100% to refer to someone's race/ethnicity.

Unlike "negrito" for example.

Garnacho's deed is one step further removed than the others :hubie:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe because a "gorilla emoji" (or two) cannot be said 100% to refer to someone's race/ethnicity.

Unlike "negrito" for example.

Garnacho's deed is one step further removed than the others :hubie:
I have no articles on the other issue but based on the bbc article they both seem like the punishment should be the same

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London