Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
When you put your faith in cuccarella you deserve everything that comes with that selection. Overall a terrible loss for Chelsea. Poor execution, little creativity, no finishing whatsoever. God help them.

Poch's hands are tied tbf. Chilwell is out, and Maatsen doesn't look ready to play left back in the PL.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I think your defence works, ours ain't that good either and most importantly is very prone to individual mistakes. If you remember, we gifted you two pens last time.

IMO, a Rice/Foden/Jude midfield is more creative then ours and I prefer it. Not sure is Foden will be repositioned there but I think him as a 8 is perfect. Unless WZE gets the 8 position for us, I don't think we're beating you in quality there.

Your attack is as good as ours as well. Grealish(Rashford)/Kane/Saka is top notch.
Let's see on the defence, long way to go until the summer yet.

See that midfield sounds nice, but it means Foden is 10 and Jude is the 8. What evidence is there, really, that Foden can play there and be a top player and if you do that you limit Bellingham by giving him more defensive duties.

Not playing Bellingham in the same/similar role and positions that he's in at Madrid would be a scandal, it can't happen.

I agree on the attack though, we're strong.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Waistcoat will have a Heart attack playing that midfield :dead:

Phillips, Hendo and Jude, take it or leave it :pachaha:
I don't rate Southgate that highly but i agree with him on this particular issue. We're soft at CB(we might not be if he'd sacked Maguire off and properly blooded in Guehi/Tomori/Colwill etc...but i can't hate on Maguire for England tbh, he 99/100 shows up) and need a sitter in front of them as well as Rice, who will get more forward at times.

It might be different if Pep hadn't bought then frozen out Phillips and fat shamed him for the past 1 and a half years the absolute pervert.

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Waistcoat will have a Heart attack playing that midfield :dead:

Phillips, Hendo and Jude, take it or leave it :pachaha:
Don't it kinda follow Pep's experiments ? I think he repositionned Foden as a 8 last time I watched a City match.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Let's see on the defence, long way to go until the summer yet.

See that midfield sounds nice, but it means Foden is 10 and Jude is the 8. What evidence is there, really, that Foden can play there and be a top player and if you do that you limit Bellingham by giving him more defensive duties.

Not playing Bellingham in the same/similar role and positions that he's in at Madrid would be a scandal, it can't happen.

I agree on the attack though, we're strong.
I think Foden can play 8 with Jude as a 10. Seen him play in midfield with City this season and he was in a similar role. Foden is high energy and can box to box as well. By minute 70, you sub him out with a more conservative 8 like Hendo and let Jude run free.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think Foden can play 8 with Jude as a 10. Seen him play in midfield with City this season and he was in a similar role. Foden is high energy and can box to box as well. By minute 70, you sub him out with a more conservative 8 like Hendo and let Jude run free.

Foden doesn't have the defensive nous that Bellingham has. That's why Pep never tried Foden and KDB as the free 8's together. They are both too forward thinking and why Bernardo and/or Gundogan played with KDB because their defensive instincts are better and 1 of them is able to drop back to create the double pivot with Rodri when they defend in the 442.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I just don't see it bro. Playing the odd game in one of Pep's mad experiments is one thing, doing it reguarly for England is another.

The thought of him being our box-to-box and players just running off the back of him gives me (bad)chills.

I wouldn't be mad at him as the 10, but again not much evidence for his club and he's behind Jude and now Maddison for that position.

RW or nothing for Phil i think when it comes to England.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Breh both CR7 and and Bayern players have said that Carlo isn't "big" on tactics.

His domestic success is paltry (League Titles)when you think of the teams he's managed plus the years he's been on the scene for
Dude doenst watch Carlo to know. If you watch Madrid you know dude has 0 tactics great man manager but tactically terrible

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
If DD gets the midfield right and actually bring the right people, France should be favorites at Euros. Foden us not a midfielder. Maddison isn't going to start. Rice is not better than Tchou

Rabiot.png

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I do think a lot of Madrid hate is that it’s black excellence

:camby:

It's because Real Madrid are historical serial winners. Tell me a serial winning team that is beloved outside of its stanbase? As a Lakers fan you should know this. No one has runs of success like Real have done. 5 CL in a row in the black and white TV era. 3 CL in a row in the social media era. 5 La Liga titles in the mid to late 80's.

Real are seen more as the ruthless cold hearted arrogant kunts which rubs people up the way. While Barca have the romantics edge to them which people prefer. Like La Masia the Dream Team and Peps team etc.. Which we know is total bollocks because Barca are jsut as bad as Real are. At least with Real they have the courtesy to say face to face we're taking your woman. While Barca is sneaking around going down the drainpipe and hoping the woman tells the man she's leaving him.

Last edited: