Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Is lukaku that bad? :dahell:
He's such a conundrum.

Dude's stats are actually phenomenal especially when you take into account he's been doing it for 10 years+ but watching him is painful.

He backs himself heavy though (hard to objectively argue against his numbers) which I think puts most people off given he looks trash on the eye test.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
If Gabriel isn't being sold I dunno what the hell Arteta is doing with this back four and formation.

If this continues we can forget about a title challenge.
People have kinda been confused/discontent with the formation and how we have been playing because of it, but rolled with it since we won the first two games.

Now we are losing points the talk is going to be a lot louder.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's such a conundrum.

Dude's stats are actually phenomenal especially when you take into account he's been doing it for 10 years+ but watching him is painful.

He backs himself heavy though (hard to objectively argue against his numbers) which I think puts most people off given he looks trash on the eye test.

You can argue against his numbers.

1 goal vs Spurs in 17
3 goals vs Chelsea in 13
3 goals vs Yanited in 14. And those 3 goals were in 1 game so really its 0 in 13.
4 goals vs Arsenal in 19
5 goals vs Citeh in 19
5 goals vs Liverpool in 20

So basically vs the Top 6 in the Prem in all comps 21 goals in 102 games.

Jamie Vardy has 21 goals just vs Arsenal and Liverpool in 33 games. Argue vs those numbers. And I'm sure most people would put/name Lukaku over Vardy as a goalscorer if you asked them about "scorers"

Bu-bu-but in internationals he's scored 75 goals. Let's see his Tournament goals.

World Cup 2014 Belgium 5 matches

1 goal vs America

Bu-bu-but Lukaku was young back then. He got dropped/kept on getting subbed for the even younger Origi. Nice try tho.

Euro 2016 Belgium 5 matches

2 goals vs Ireland

World Cup 2018 Belgium 7 matches

2 goals vs Tunisia
2 goals vs Panama

Euro 2020 Belgium 5 matches

2 goals vs Russia
1 goal vs Finland
1 goal vs Italy

World Cup 2022

He was injured

Bu-bu-but he scored vs France in the Nations League do his nations league record.

Nations League 18/19

2 goals vs Iceland
2 goals vs Switzerland

Nations League 20/21

1 goals vs England
2 goals vs Iceland
2 goals vs Denmark
1 goal vs France.

See he's scored vs Italy France and England and Belgium lost those games. The long and short of it is Lukaku goalscoring doesn't equal winning in big games or moments when his team needs them most.

Lukaku is the ultimate flat track bully vs plumbers, janitors, school teachers, 60 a day smokers and alcoholics. Vs the top top boys not good enough.

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Off topic
I met football fan (a breh) few days ago who had no idea who romario is. He's 28 so he isn't that young either.

I was genuinely shocked and not many things shock me.

How can you follow football and not know one of the GOAT's of the game:gucci:

Has anyone else had a similar experience before

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Arteta really better be careful with Havertz. Because it's only so long, before the squad gets fed up. Cause at some point, Veira, ESR gonna be on some hold on, we can barely get minutes, but he always playing. Partey finna get fed up, Gabriel going to be fed up too.

The 3 games have pissed me off so far. Every 1st half been the exact same. Pass, pass, pass, and and barely any chances created.

This shiit is not rocket science

:salute:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Off topic
I met football fan (a breh) few days ago who had no idea who romario is. He's 28 so he isn't that young either.

I was genuinely shocked and not many things shock me.

How can you follow football and not know one of the GOAT's of the game:gucci:

Has anyone else had a similar experience before

If he was Jamaican he should be shot. And you need to question if they really Jamaican.