Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
2 critical errors def cost us, but I really don't like hearing about that after losing a match.
Agreed. I also don't want to be stat man. I know its a balance between stats and eye test. Eye test told me things were lacking. But that random goal conceded from the main formation we ran last year is still around. I dunno if that's fixed by just a personnel tweak, or if the purpose of the new formation is to address that?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. I also don't want to be stat man. I know its a balance between stats and eye test. Eye test told me things were lacking. But that random goal conceded from the main formation we ran last year is still around. I dunno if that's fixed by just a personnel tweak, or if the purpose of the new formation is to address that?
It's tricky because how do you value a performance because possession wise we dominated. Plus , if you look at XG there are many times we had chances, but didn't convert. Then you have to look at it like the chances Trossard and Havertz missed might've been converted by Eddie or Vieira. Then we most likely aren't having this conversation if we're suffocating possession and those errors didn't lead to goals.

I think the major areas of concern with Arterta's current tactic is there's no fluidity. Also, have to look at Partey at RB just doesn't work and it's very vulnerable to a counter and puts Saka more on an island. I feel losing the link up play between Saka and White is hurting us. Plus, the current tactic is making us too much one-sided where the left side is getting no chances to get the feel of the match. At the moment I don't think these tactics benefit any of our players and we're imbalanced at the moment. I think we just need to go back to a proper back 4 and decide if you want to sit Partey or Havertz.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Pulisic scoring tap ins now?
a0MC2Ei.png

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arteta really better be careful with Havertz. Because it's only so long, before the squad gets fed up. Cause at some point, Veira, ESR gonna be on some hold on, we can barely get minutes, but he always playing. Partey finna get fed up, Gabriel going to be fed up too.

The 3 games have pissed me off so far. Every 1st half been the exact same. Pass, pass, pass, and and barely any chances created.

This shiit is not rocket science

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Arteta really better be careful with Havertz. Because it's only so long, before the squad gets fed up. Cause at some point, Veira, ESR gonna be on some hold on, we can barely get minutes, but he always playing. Partey finna get fed up, Gabriel going to be fed up too.

The 3 games have pissed me off so far. Every 1st half been the exact same. Pass, pass, pass, and and barely any chances created.

This shiit is not rocket science

This is true. Players know who can and can't play and they figure that out in training way before the likes of us. I once read the young boys that trained with the first team at Chelsea couldn't believe how shyt Werner was. He barely even looked like a footballer apparently and of course that translated to his actual performances.

There is no way Havertz is any better in training than what he produces in games. Imagine being a player fighting for a chance knowing that guy is going to play ahead of you because the manager was feeling himself and now needs to justify his horrible transfer? :scusthov:

Last edited:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Didn't watch the Nottingham game yesterday and I'm glad.

Probably would have been banned from the site with the shyt I would have said when we went 2 goals down :mjlol: