Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Personally, can’t be a golden generation if you don’t win anything.
I feel a "golden generation" is more about the pool of talent a nation have rather than its achievements. If a crop of players leads clubs to league, CL and domestic cups titles but wins nothing with their NT, they are just underachievers to me :manny:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I look at last season as an anomaly tbh. We rival fans are being very short sighted. Chelsea was a mess last year largely in part because of the BS UK gov’t making Roman sell.

Snatching up the best/most promising talent on long contracts and relatively low wages is good back room business F what anyone heard.

LA Dogers are one of the best franchises in the MLB. These men surely have an idea of running sport clubs. This season will be the proof in the pudding. If Chelsea get back into UCL a lot of folks in this thread gonna be eating crow.

See, giving a player an eight year deal in American sports makes sense because you can always trade the contract if the player isn't working out. If Mudryk isn't working out, they have to hope some club (ie. Saudi or PSG) will pay out the ass to rip up a 5-6 year contract. Either that or loan them out for multiple years.

There's a reason they're the only club doing this because it's insanely risky. If they don't make CL in the next few years it will all go belly up. Two CL spots will be annually locked up soon between City and Newcastle.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Playing Antony is a handicap, basically losing whole 30 yards of the right side of the pitch with him out there.

It's even more perplexing that no one tells him to just run down the sideline couple of times to keep the defender honest.

I'll take a depressed Sancho out there every time over Antony :hubie:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
no passing options in midfield.

adding onana just means there is another deep player who has few to no options to pass to in MF

so they they just pass it around in defence :picard: or onana goes long :picard:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wolves looking like Real Madrid outchea...

The hell ManU wtf...

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
First time rashford receives on the left and something happens

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
onana already knows not to pass to AWB when a wolves' player is anywhere near him

so wolves know to focus on marking the right (man utd's left) rendering the onana overload redundant

ergo: AWB's gotta go if we want to play out from the back

:hubie: