Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Time for St.Clair to win the starting job for good @Givethanks
Yeah, he did a wonderful job but our back line is ridiculous. Kennedy has no right playing CB for us. I hate how we always sit back, teach the kids to play attacking soccer. If you don't play with confidence you're not gonna win, especially when it comes to pens. What was hurdman thinking:heh:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Copa takes place during a similar timeframe and you rarely see NTs take it with so little seriousness. AFCON is held in the middle of the European club schedule and still get strong sides. Even the Asian Cup is taken seriously. I think it’s weird that big sides have decided to prioritize the nations league over the federation cup.

Could be the fact that the Gold Cup is the most transparent money grab there is in the whole soccer world, always held in the same country. Always drawn to maximize the probability of USA v Mexico selling out a big stadium for the final. With the excuse that it helps pay for everything else in the confederation.

Prioritizing Nations League seems like a load management thing. 2 games instead of 6.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I wouldn’t mind Jamaica winning it. They deserve one trophy.
Agreed. But honestly watching the tournament they've been the best side throughout. USA should of lost yesterday and are playing their C squad and have already reverted back to Berhalter ball(playing like incompetent bytches) and Mexico ain't foolin nobody idc how many home games Concacaf gives them :skip:

So go Jamaica🇯🇲

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Jamaica couldn't dictate the game against Guatemala. Mexico gonna turn them over, sorry to say.
I'm not talking about one game I feel like throughout the tournament Jamaica has been the best team but you point is valid....still jamaica moneyline tho

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I'm not talking about one game I feel like throughout the tournament Jamaica has been the best team but you point is valid....still jamaica moneyline tho

the game vs USA was telling as well. Ja have a good attack but no midfield whatsoever, so every game for them is reactive instead of proactive. They have the guys to counter attack against anyone, but relying solely on that and set pieces isn't trophy winning football. I know a gang of ppl bet on JA to take the cup at great odds, but hard to look past USA and Mexico in this competition.

Demarai Gray is exceptional though. He is what Jamaica thought they were getting with Bailey.