Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
undertaker-chair-throw.gif

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Why is everyone sending their b team to this cup as opposed to the last set of games?

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man if MLS is improving I don’t see it. Besides maybe Cade Cowell, Busio looked like the best player on the pitch by far and he’s a so-so player for a serie B bad Venezia team.

MLS pundits hyping up Jesus Ferreira for destroying semi-pro teams out of the islands then disappears against a B Canada team that barely got out of a group with Guatemala, Guadalupe and Cuba.

If MLS is a top 10 league in the world it’s because of them scooping mid guys out of Brazil and Argentina. It’s not providing the USMNT depth like it’s supposed to. I wouldn’t take any of these guys outside of Cade Cowell to the WC.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
European club preseason starts this week, and club play is more important than this tournament.
Copa takes place during a similar timeframe and you rarely see NTs take it with so little seriousness. AFCON is held in the middle of the European club schedule and still get strong sides. Even the Asian Cup is taken seriously. I think it’s weird that big sides have decided to prioritize the nations league over the federation cup.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
MLS pundits hyping up Jesus Ferreira for destroying semi-pro teams out of the islands then disappears against a B Canada team that barely got out of a group with Guatemala, Guadalupe and Cuba.
Tbf Ferreira didn't get a lot of service today. That first half was woeful from everyone.
He plays on the wing in Mexico? He can’t run past anyone or cross. Looked a little better when they had him drifting to the middle. Still his through passing was terrible.
Yeah I think he usually plays on the right. He can't start against Panama. He was struggling for form and trying a bit too hard during this tourney. Maybe if he comes off the bench he'll be better.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Copa takes place during a similar timeframe and you rarely see NTs take it with so little seriousness. AFCON is held in the middle of the European club schedule and still get strong sides. Even the Asian Cup is taken seriously. I think it’s weird that big sides have decided to prioritize the nations league over the federation cup.
Yeah, I guess it goes down to culture because imo these guys should be playing in this cup. We know other nations aren't going to miss their respective tournaments.