Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Fwiw i probably rate Rice higher than 99% of this thread and have said all along he’d be a great signing. They’re paying too much given his contract situation but who cares really.

Crazy how the Havertz narrative done switched tho. :dead: Shout out my man @SCORCH

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Fwiw i probably rate Rice higher than 99% of this thread and have said all along he’d be a great signing. They’re paying too much given his contract situation but who cares really.

Crazy how the Havertz narrative done switched tho. :dead: Shout out my man @SCORCH

:obama:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Maybe the Assana lads can help me because I still don't get what the plan is with Rice tbh, he's not a 'DM', he should be replacing Xhaka, but if he does who's replacing that overrated rapist Partey?

Another thing I do wonder about is the defence. :jbhmm:

Timber would be a nice addition but he plays RCB/RB.

Show they have no faith in that Patrick Bateman on Love Island vibes guy Ben White, no surprise there, but where are the left hand sided defenders?

Gabriel is decent but he can be a liability. Zinchenko is another liability out of possession, gets cooked. Tierney...just hasn't happened for him, mid table player.

Oh i do wonder.:jbhmm:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That Chelsea tax is sumn else. :wow:

We're such a dysfunctional club people are willing to gamble our shyt players can be salvaged.

Kova for 30, Havertz for 65...I mean, good lord that is unbelievable. If you told me this was achievable even two months ago I would have said it's impossible.

Does anybody want Pulisic while we're here? 35m for you, my friends.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

Paying too much, and for us it actually does matter(FFP, takeover mess etc), but still, good signing.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this was 2021 I'd be very annoyed but a lot has happened since then.

12 months of horrendous form and wage demands that don't fit his current standing in the squad.

I could genuinely see a player power issue with him developing so nipping that shyt in the bud early and moving on suits me.

I'll @ you when 60m + add ons is confirmed. :mjgrin:

@Gilver

SlimyHandsomeEthiopianwolf-size_restricted.gif

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Maybe the Assana lads can help me because I still don't get what the plan is with Rice tbh, he's not a 'DM', he should be replacing Xhaka, but if he does who's replacing that overrated rapist Partey?

Another thing I do wonder about is the defence. :jbhmm:

Timber would be a nice addition but he plays RCB/RB.

Show they have no faith in that Patrick Bateman on Love Island vibes guy Ben White, no surprise there, but where are the left hand sided defenders?

Gabriel is decent but he can be a liability. Zinchenko is another liability out of possession, gets cooked. Tierney...just hasn't happened for him, mid table player.

Oh i do wonder.:jbhmm:

Rice shouldn't replace Xhaka. He can travel well with the ball but he doesn't the passing range to play that role for me.
Clearly brought as a DM that's why we waited on pulling the trigger on selling Partey.
Timber is being brought in to cover those positions with White nothing to do with not having faith in him. He's just had a great season.:ufdup:
Kiwior wasn't brought in for no reason he is the left sided Defender.

I suspect Tierney is getting sold and Tomiyasu will cover LB and across the backline.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Rice shouldn't replace Xhaka. He can travel well with the ball but he doesn't the passing range to play that role for me.
Clearly brought as a DM that's why we waited on pulling the trigger on selling Partey.
Timber is being brought in to cover those positions with White nothing to do with not having faith in him. He's just had a great season.:ufdup:
Kiwior wasn't brought in for no reason he is the left sided Defender.

I suspect Tierney is getting sold and Tomiyasu will cover LB and across the backline.
Agree Rice needs a ball player next to/around him, but that can be at DM. A deep lying player + Rice is the way to go.

If Arsenal's midfield next season is Rice Xhaka Ødegaard then it's a big no from me dawg.

I would bet my life that Arteta tries Jorginho + Rice.

And on LB, all i hear is players covering, if you had a top one you'd be serious contenders again.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Agree Rice needs a ball player next to/around him, but that can be at DM. A deep lying player + Rice is the way to go.

If Arsenal's midfield next season is Rice Xhaka Ødegaard then it's a big no from me dawg.

I would bet my life that Arteta tries Jorginho + Rice.

And on LB, all i hear is players covering, if you had a top one you'd be serious contenders again.

I don't know cause Arteta seems wedded to the 4-3-3. he never changed to a double pivot at any point last season when he had the players to do it.
And he clearly said he sees Havertz as a midfielder so I see him at least trying him as one of the 8s at first.

But yeah he would probably be best in a double pivot than a solo 6.

I've accepted Zinchenko is our starting LB regardless you just gotta hope the positives outweigh the negatives ala Trent