Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i know you never rated him, but I do. He just doesn't fit Chelsea's more traditionally industrial midfield I think:hubie:

his profile is more closer to Spanish and he's entering his peak. he will fit into City and might even be a starter later in the season. He's has all the tools in my eyes to be just as great as Gundagan was for them. plus, why would Chelsea want to give the Bayern of the PL more depth?

:laff:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Alexis MacAllister
Kephren Thuram
Dominik Szoboszlai

wouldn't be a bad offseason for Liverpool at all. Maybe they add another centerback, but it doesn't look like Matip is getting off-loaded and Gomez is gonna be the backup RB.
Big Thuram fan but if we pull off Dom, then it’s Kone or Lavia for me and we still need a defender, get that done and I can stomach the Jude fiasco :mjcry: and I think we again the only real challengers to Citeh :francis:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Have to add another CB man

You'd have to sell Van Dijk then, and that's never happening. Konate is still promising, Matip is gonna be 32 years old soon with one year left on his deal, and Gomez is the backup RB. The hope is that it won't be so easy for opposing teams to bypass our midfield now that we have MacAllister (and hopefully Thuram soon).

We're probably gonna sell Nat Phillips but he's inconsequential. Any CB we get will be a long-term project.

Nitro Tuggle

All Star
Daps
You'd have to sell Van Dijk then, and that's never happening. Konate is still promising, Matip is gonna be 32 years old soon with one year left on his deal, and Gomez is the backup RB. The hope is that it won't be so easy for opposing teams to bypass our midfield now that we have MacAllister (and hopefully Thuram soon).

We're probably gonna sell Nat Phillips but he's inconsequential. Any CB we get will be a long-term project.
You can’t go into a new season with just those 4. Especially with the injury history of Matip and Joey. It will be the same as 20/21 season again. Panic and bring in Kabak/Davies because you have no backup. And if Joey is your RB cover, you are settling for 3 set in stone CBs for the season? :mjtf: Unless you trying to see Fab/Hendo back there again:unimpressed:

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Have a Jamaica vs Trinidad game in St.Louis,Missouri

Wonderful idea

I mean its not like Orlando, Ft.Lauderdale, or New York have soccer stadiums. Yeah St.Louis is the perfect location great job as usual Concacaf :troll:
shyt it could have been at camping world stadium if it was in orlando.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
kevin-garnett.gif

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
shyt it could have been at camping world stadium if it was in orlando.
Nah Exploria right in the middle of downtown. Would be a much better atmosphere and ALOT more fans. But I don't run Concacaf I'm just a nobody who complains on the innanet