Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i know you never rated him, but I do. He just doesn't fit Chelsea's more traditionally industrial midfield I think:hubie:

his profile is more closer to Spanish and he's entering his peak. he will fit into City and might even be a starter later in the season. He's has all the tools in my eyes to be just as great as Gundagan was for them. plus, why would Chelsea want to give the Bayern of the PL more depth?

This is an outrageous comment and pure disrespect to Gundogan.

Kovacic has only ever been good at one thing: ball carrying. And he has declined in that area too:

Even at his best when breaking the press, he almost always made the wrong decision with the final pass or action. Look at his pitiful goals and assists numbers.

He is an elite ball watcher too, one of the worst off the ball players I've ever seen.

Kovacic has gone back to the role that suited him best: being a back up, rotation player at a super club.

Smh at @Yayo Toure dapping that comment after watching Gundogan for the last 7 years. Certain man clearly have no idea what they're watching. That Macn City team is wasted on you, brother.:mjcry:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps

Kovacic has only ever been good at one thing: ball carrying. And he has declined in that area too:

Even at his best when breaking the press, he almost always made the wrong decision with the final pass or action. Look at his pitiful goals and assists numbers.

He is an elite ball watcher too, one of the worst off the ball players I've ever seen.

Kovacic has gone back to the role that suited him best: being a back up, rotation player at a super club.

Smh at @Yayo Toure dapping that comment after watching Gundogan for the last 7 years. Certain man clearly have no idea what they're watching. That Macn City team is wasted on you, brother.:mjcry:

Lol Gundogan is a legend. Kovacic won't reach those heights but he's going to fit very well with the team. Not Kovacic's fault he can't perform in a disjointed team that changes managers twice a season. He's quality, as is Sterling as was Havertz.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
A midfielder that can play 8 and 6, press resistant, won at almost every club he's been at...and I'm supposed to think he won't perform for Pep? Lol Cmon.

The 30m is a robbery.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol Gundogan is a legend. Kovacic won't reach those heights but he's going to fit very well with the team. Not Kovacic's fault he can't perform in a disjointed team that changes managers twice a season. He's quality, as is Sterling as was Havertz.

Ahh, of course. The Chelsea tax applied to a bad player. My mistake, should have known better.
drake-computer.gif

Enjoy your new signing m8, don't mind me.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Ahh, of course. The Chelsea tax applied to a bad player. My mistake, should have known better.
drake-computer.gif

Enjoy your new signing m8, don't mind me.

Yes, time will tell :troll:

Second season Cucurella gonna cook

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
i know you never rated him, but I do. He just doesn't fit Chelsea's more traditionally industrial midfield I think:hubie:

his profile is more closer to Spanish and he's entering his peak. he will fit into City and might even be a starter later in the season. He's has all the tools in my eyes to be just as great as Gundagan was for them. plus, why would Chelsea want to give the Bayern of the PL more depth?

pep wins the league with a midfield of kovacic and kalvin :picard:

:wow:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

the Gunda comment was wild, but I do think with how coaches like Pep(and Klop) can up players game level, Kovacic is due for a season where he styles on the PL. Pep can easily teach off ball movement. that's his specialty. as for the dribbling, I'll chuck that off to an off season. the whole midfield stunk.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
There's no like for like replacement for Gundo just as there was no like for like replacement for Yaya. But to think Kovacic doesn't have the tools to play a role for Pep is crazy.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
There's no like for like replacement for Gundo just as there was no like for like replacement for Yaya. But to think Kovacic doesn't have the tools to play a role for Pep is crazy.
Bro I'm so excited for Gundo, but very shook because we don't have a proper busi replacement.

Xavi's doing his thing tho, he'll adjust accordingly.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Yal
Rice behind Havertz, Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli isn't a bad upgrade from last year, if we are keeping it 100.

Would still prefer Caicedo, but outside of squad depth that feels like a legit dominant midfield
you nikkas will change your mind real once Rice start doing sideway and back passes under pressure :russ:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Bro I'm so excited for Gundo, but very shook because we don't have a proper busi replacement.

Xavi's doing his thing tho, he'll adjust accordingly.

is Kessie gonna leave? Gundo, Frenkie and Kessie could do work. If Madrid don't get a proper replacement for Benz, Barca gonna walk the league again.