Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Getting rid of that loser was key first and foremost. 30m for that joker is unbelievable business.

Plus all the reports suggests it'll be Caicedo (hopefully) + one.

In a season with no European football I'm happy with Enzo, plus two and youngsters like Hall and Chukwuemeka providing backup. If that isn't enough then use the January window.
Quoted so I can go back to it in 6 months when Kovacic is cooking again :lolbron:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea really let Kovacic go to City, huh? smh

brain dead managing right there. why would you sell him to the team monopolizing the league? Kovacic under Pep is is bad news :snoop:

Kovacic doesn't move the needle for City in any way whatsoever. They will win again with or without his mid contribution.

Quoted so I can go back to it in 6 months when Kovacic is cooking again :lolbron:

He has never cooked, brother. And I genuinely couldn't care less what he does at City. I'm just glad he's no longer stinking out our midfield.

Iceson Beckford

Rich In Spirit.
Daps
Reppin
Dunya
go to Madrid and try and get one of their French mids and still have enough for lavia

I keep hearing this and I think why on Earth would Real or their players make that move given their age and need to rebuild?

I’m fine with Lavia and Caicedo personally. Don’t want us overpaying for Rice.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rice behind Havertz, Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli isn't a bad upgrade from last year, if we are keeping it 100.

Would still prefer Caicedo, but outside of squad depth that feels like a legit dominant midfield

Lurkio

All Star
Daps
I keep hearing this and I think why on Earth would Real or their players make that move given their age and need to rebuild?

I’m fine with Lavia and Caicedo personally. Don’t want us overpaying for Rice.

Real would do it coz they can get Mbappe this summer with the money

There seems to be room for only one of those guys to start…

Caicedo + Lavia is cool w me too

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Kovacic doesn't move the needle for City in any way whatsoever. They will win again with or without his mid contribution.

He has never cooked, brother. And I genuinely couldn't care less what he does at City. I'm just glad he's no longer stinking out our midfield.

i know you never rated him, but I do. He just doesn't fit Chelsea's more traditionally industrial midfield I think:hubie:

his profile is more closer to Spanish and he's entering his peak. he will fit into City and might even be a starter later in the season. He's has all the tools in my eyes to be just as great as Gundagan was for them. plus, why would Chelsea want to give the Bayern of the PL more depth?