Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Let me guess bitter United fan right?

Tell me realistically why can't City win the treble again? They have the best team in the world, they have one of the best infrastructures and training facilities in the world and most importantly they have unlimited wealth.

Our fans live in their own bizarre world.

Uhhhh they’ve had what? 8 seasons in UCL and just have now won it? Last team to go b2b was Real Madrid.

Winning UCL is no easy feat. You think Real, Bayern, etc sitting on their hands and not getting stronger.

Can I see them getting the league again? Sure. But even FA cup I’m not sure. Pep only won 2 FA cups in 8 years.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Haaland just had the GOAT first season for a new club. He’s immortal now

:mjlol:stop it

During the last matches of the 2009–10 season, Milito proved instrumental in Inter's winning of the first treble in the history of Italian football. The Argentine first scored the only goal in Inter's victory over Roma in the final of the Coppa Italia on 5 May 2010, enabling the Nerazzurri to take home their first trophy of the season.[43] Eleven days later, it was also Milito's goal which secured Inter Milan's 18th Scudetto when they beat Siena 1–0 on the final matchday of Serie A.[44] With only two points separating the top two teams in Serie A, the goal lifted Inter to the summit of the table after being in a position to lose the league title to Roma at the half-time break as Roma, playing simultaneously, were winning their own match against Chievo at that point. Milito himself declared this goal to be the "best of his career,"[45] having been decisive in delivering a league title to his team. On 22 May 2010, Milito yet again proved vital as he scored twice to seal a victory in the Champions League Final over Bayern Munich. As a result, Inter became European club champions for the first time in 45 years with a 2–0 victory and completed their historic treble championship season.[46]

add all them qualifications and still be wrong brehs :hubie:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Edited, meant Treble in England.
Yeah that shyt is tough as nails. Especially with the competition coming up.

City - already established
Arsenal - up and coming, they be back
United - up and coming
Liverpool - a few MFs and business as usual
Chelsea - they'll randomly gel and get good
Tottenham - always fighting for top 4

Now you have: Newcastle, Brighton and possibly Brentford entering the mix.

and the change of the format of the CL isn't gonna help teams in the PL.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Let me guess bitter United fan right?

Tell me realistically why can't City win the treble again? They have the best team in the world, they have one of the best infrastructures and training facilities in the world and most importantly they have unlimited wealth.

Our fans live in their own bizarre world.
Across four competitions is the issue. Physically and mentally it seems unrealistic.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
Inter made that tough as hell for City. Really good press but they were fortunate few of the players let nerves get to them. Rodri was awful first half. You barely see the guy lose the ball ever and he lost it multiple times first half from the pressure.

Stones though was so good. Him, Silva, Dias and Ederson best arguments for MOTM for City.

Helps it seems the press wasn’t as much on him compared to Gundogan, Rodri etc but when City were doing nothing with the ball (I’m looking at you Mr Play It Back to the FB Grealish) Stones had those moments where he just drove City forward and seemed the least scared to take a risk.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Inter made that tough as hell for City. Really good press but they were fortunate few of the players let nerves get to them. Rodri was awful first half. You barely see the guy lose the ball ever and he lost it multiple times first half from the pressure.

Stones though was so good. Him, Silva, Dias and Ederson best arguments for MOTM for City.

Helps it seems the press wasn’t as much on him compared to Gundogan, Rodri etc but when City were doing nothing with the ball (I’m looking at you Mr Play It Back to the FB Grealish) Stones had those moments where he just drove City forward and seemed the least scared to take a risk.

stones was in defence and stepping into anywhere in midfield creating an overload and so harder to pick up.