Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
tumblr_mh0c4hsp0w1qmdkobo1_500.gif

next movement

Lets not get ahead of ourselves now breh :whoa:

I met this dude who's first visit to Africa was to SA for the World Cup. Told me he was astonished to see freeways on his way in from Joburg's airport :snoop:

:deadrose:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
How was the public transport when you were out there? Infrastructure? Seen a few reports and sounds like things are waaay off.

public transport was better than DC :gladbron: at least the metro. but ours is in horrific shape right now cause of all the corruption round here. in sao paulo, you never wait too long for a train, unless get held up by the rain because stations flood easier :snoop:

i really only know SP like that, but honestly breh i have no idea how it's gonna work. traffic is already ridiculous there. everyone's just gonna have to exercise a lot of patience, brazilian culture is not formatted to be ratraced like american and some asian cultures - they could learn a thing or two about a sense of urgency tbh, but that's also an admirable thing about the place. just not very conducive to a world cup.

i'm sure things are behind, but will magically work just in the nick of time because someone finally greased the right palms.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6RwWawooo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6RwWawooo[/ame]

It's Tino Time :youngsabo:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
public transport was better than DC :gladbron: at least the metro. but ours is in horrific shape right now cause of all the corruption round here. in sao paulo, you never wait too long for a train, unless get held up by the rain because stations flood easier :snoop:

i really only know SP like that, but honestly breh i have no idea how it's gonna work. traffic is already ridiculous there. everyone's just gonna have to exercise a lot of patience, brazilian culture is not formatted to be ratraced like american and some asian cultures - they could learn a thing or two about a sense of urgency tbh, but that's also an admirable thing about the place. just not very conducive to a world cup.

i'm sure things are behind, but will magically work just in the nick of time because someone finally greased the right palms.
DC metro must be all kinds :scusthov: if that's the case.

Tbf you always gets reports of things not being ready and everything ends up going smoothly. South Africa got it the worst though, such blatant racism "these ******s obviously dunno what they're doing" shyt was like Dave Chappelle skit at times. :pachaha:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

turkish ppl :wow:
:yes:

I thought it was Fenerbache who boy'd off the Chelsea fans a coupla years ago but turns out it was Olympiakos. Still worth linking the vid for the lols

Last edited by a moderator:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I met this dude who's first visit to Africa was to SA for the World Cup. Told me he was astonished to see freeways on his way in from Joburg's airport :snoop:

Would've loved to seen his face when he saw cars and not elephants :troll:

I honestly think the World Cup in Brazil is going to be a disaster. People expected South Africa to be shyte and everything went better than expected.

I remember people were still on some "we can always use Germany as backup when if the Africa thing falls through :usure: "

Brazil has too much on their plate. World Cup, Olympics, Copa...

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would've loved to seen his face when he saw cars and not elephants :troll:

Brazil has too much on their plate. World Cup, Olympics, Copa...

Tbh I don't care if they mess up the world cup. But the Olympics? They better get that right :sitdown:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
DC metro must be all kinds :scusthov: if that's the case.

Tbf you always gets reports of things not being ready and everything ends up going smoothly. South Africa got it the worst though, such blatant racism "these ******s obviously dunno what they're doing" shyt was like Dave Chappelle skit at times. :pachaha:

yes, you've hit 100% truth on this post. our metro is embarrassing right now. doesn't help that 3 municipal governments have a hand in it, which just makes way for more pick pocketers.

salt lake winter olympics were almost a show until our boy mitt romney became the hero his father wanted him to be. so i think everything will be fine. anything not accounted for will contribute to fukkery hopefully :pachaha: