Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
If city were taken over in that "era" ie Fergy in the 90's/early 2000's, im pretty sure city wouldnt even need to have done the alleged cooking the books - spending a shytload of money back then was fair game. Rules began to change not long after Chelsea started winning with oil money.
Nah I think they would have still done it, especially if they had Txiki Begiristain at the club like they have now,
Sporting director at Barca all the way through their cheating scandal
Then moves to Man City and becomes sporting director and is there all the way through their cooking the books, cheating scandal :jbhmm:

And they didn't even really need to do it as how serious is the FFP?
Do the big clubs really get punished for it, if they do it's just a fine which they can afford

It's not like how they treat the lower clubs like Bury for instance, they are like dinosaurs now, extinct.
Or others clubs like Luton or Derby getting massive points deduction which they were never going to overcome

I'm not even that bothered by the over spending as we have had to put up with that before like with Chelsea, it's the cheating which I am not happy with

And I hope they throw the book at them like they did with Juventus in like 2006/07.

But they won't, they will probably just get a slap on the wrist :scust:

Last edited:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
What is this Croatian player thing? :why:

For 10 seasons now, UCL winner has had a Croatian player.

Now let’s run the analysis :ufdup:

Out of those 10- Modric has 5 with Madrid
Kovacic has 2 with Madrid and 1 with Chelsea
Rest is made up of Rakitic, Lovren, Mandzukic and Ivan Perisic

I was running the analysis to clown the myth. Midway through typing it, it started getting spooky :lupe:

Nah fukk that, they all played for top teams. fukk Brozovic and Inter :pacspit:

concise

Veteran
Daps
How-to-Spot-a-Ponzi-Scheme.jpg

Should have known when companies like Xango, Herbalife, Advocare, etc. featured prominently as shirt sponsors for years.